Pit Stop----the Saga continues

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by blackbird, Nov 1, 2007.

1. blackbird Active Member

Work list

Temporary construction pole and electric ----- complete ---- and ready for the power company to install me to their pole

Four corners of house is staked out and almost ready to begin foundation work

Acreage is "stepped off" --- corners are identified --- and is now ready to begin setting corner posts, wire, gate and cattle gap for fencing ----

2. padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In these parts you have to have the shell closed in by October or you ain't doing a thing until April.

3. Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dang, Padre. I thought everybody had to do that. :laugh:

Wife and I did it the easy way. We bought a house this year. Converted farmhouse [circa 1900] with 5 bedrooms, 1 barn, 1 shed, and 1 garage on 1 acre of land.

4. blackbird Active Member

The last real snow we had here in Alabama was in '93 ---- 18" over night

But thats considered a "dusting" of snow up north, right Padre???

5. padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    18" is still a Skookum snowfall. We had almost 12 feet over a three day period last February. I can't wait.

GLOBAL WARMING ALERT

It was 7 below zero when I left for the office this morning. It would have been colder if it wasn't for global warming.

6. blackbird Active Member

It was a snappy 15 degrees here in the Alabama country

No frozen bursted water pipes yet----although---my father in law has a tractor---a Kabota 77 horsepower---where the fuel(diesel) filter had collected a little water---the water froze inside the glass filter bowl and bursted the bowl----fuel spilled all over the ground underneath the tractor

Yep---its cold here---it'll be another 2 months before GLOBAL WARMING kicks back in ----- YES!!! SPRING!!! MY FAVORITE SEASON OF THE YEAR!!!

7. Gayla New Member

I hope ya got ya an outhouse or two with that thar new house!:laugh: :wavey:

8. Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Miss Gayla. I will have you know that we soon will be the proud owners of a building with inside plumbin', and no wheels underneath it neither.

We is not hillbillies...We is hillwilliams [thems eddicated hillbillies] :laugh: :wavey:

9. padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No MO-bile home? What are you going to do with all your old tires and blue tarps? When someone in these parts says they're putting a new roof on the house they mean to spread out one of those tarps and pile on the tires to keep it from blowing away! :thumbs:

10. Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that was you standin' outside my house the other day Padre. Why didn't you come in and get something to eat?,we had plenty.

No more blue tarps and tires for us. :laugh:

11. blackbird Active Member

Yes!!! The Cajun "Table Cloth"

Great for outdoor use--- a la --- Crawfish boil

Directions for use include

Borrowing about 10 folding tables from the church

Set tables up and then spread tarps over

Boil crawfish

Dump crawfish onto tarps

Gather around tables

Say the blessing

Eat

12. Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better the tablecloth then the napkins under the chin. :smilewinkgrin:

13. blackbird Active Member

Cajun definition of "napkin"

"Use your shirt sleeve, Friend!!!!!":thumbs: :thumbs:

14. Dan Todd Active Member

28 days - 8 hours until Daytona - can't wait.

15. blackbird Active Member

Dan Todd??? Is that you, Son???!!

Where in "Tarnation" have you been hidin'????????!!!

Good to see you posting again!!!

Since I've heard from you --- I've done made a move from Mississippi to Alabama!!!

16. Dan Todd Active Member

So what's the name of your new church - and do you have a website?

I've been using dvds of Voddie Baucham and Louie Giglio in my Sunday night services - along with AIG dvds.

Have you heard either one of these gentlemen in person?

Where have I been? Retired from my secular job last April - then went back to work in September. Got laid off the Friday before Christmas - now sending out resumes for work this next summer.

Been doing a lot of reading - right now I'm reading Michael Phillips - great author.

17. blackbird Active Member

Hughes Memorial, Pinson, AL ---- just north of Birmingham off of I-59

I heard Voddie Baucham in person---about 3 months ago ---- good speaker and writer

I have a DVD series from Ken Ham and AIG --- good series

Laid off, huh?? Because of snow, I bet!!! I watched the last 5 minutes of the Packer/Giant game---- "Go, Eli!!!!!!" ---- I could FEEL the cold coming through my TV screen----and its not even a "Big Screen"

18. Dan Todd Active Member

I've got a lot of DVDs from Ken Ham and AIG - Real good stuff - would recommend his ministry to all!

Also have a lot of DVDs from Kent Hovind - enjoy his ministry - too bad he's in a fight with the US gov't - and is in jail for non-payment of taxes!

Two weeks ago we listened to "Why I Choose To Believe The Bible" - Baucham at a SB meeting of preachers - would recommend that message to all. Also have a series by him on marriage - have decided that it should be a must in marriage counselling before I would ever tie a couple's knot again. Also have his series on multigenerational issues.

Check out Louie Giglio - especially the ones called "Alive" and "Indescribable" !!!!

The cold at Green Bay last Sunday - reminds me of the cold when Green Bay played Dallas - just prior to super bowl number one - first and goal to go from the one - and Bart Starr did a quarterback sneak on the fourth down to win the game and let Green Bay go to the Super Bowl. Several players suffered frost bite in that one.

It didn't hurt my feelings a bit - to get to stay home for the winter! These 58 yo bones don't care for the cold one bit - but I have no intention of leaving cold NYS any time soon.

Have a good day!

PS - I cheering for a 19-0 record - after the Super Bowl is over!!!!

19. blackbird Active Member

Good frost on the ground this morning----but I'm ready for Spring!!!

What does the Almanic say for places north of Tennessee?????:laugh: Snow until when??? July????:laugh:

20. Dan Todd Active Member

This northern boy - hates snow and cold - but since we all need something to complain about - God graciously placed me in an area that doesn't get to cold - or to much snow - just so I'd have something to complain about - but not be to agravated by my circumstances.

If you understand what I just wrote - explain it to me - PLEASE!