1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

POTUS Donald Trump just lost my vote for reelection

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Christforums, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP sounds like a lunatic.

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

By design, I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not nearly as simple as that. Pedophilia is criminal. Sexual harassment is criminal. Sexual assault is criminal. Rape is criminal. Incest is criminal. Bestiality is criminal. Bigamy is criminal. Polygamy is criminal. Various forms of underage sex are criminal.

Homosexuality is a special case, not just perverse but problematic by nature. We need to separate girls and boys for several reasons, e.g., to prevent mutual sexual interaction and to prevent sexual harassment and assault and rape. The practice of homosexuality complicates achieving this sort of separation. And it only gets worse with the LGBTQ+ movement.

4. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you're suggesting that certain sexual immoralities shouldn't be criminalized unless all sexual immorality is criminalized even those which the Scriptures don't condemn to death? Are your ideals of what is or is not punishable by death from Scripture or rather your sense of fairness?

Actually, I'm just acknowledging there's something particular about the Psalmist curse in Psalm 137 and people today that not only turn on their own but take the life of their very own children.

Maybe something like "You shall not murder" and whosoever does murder is punishable by death life for a life. Imagine that, something novel is unnecessary, no need to reinvent the wheel or develop man's own sense of Justice. Ya know, this is one of the basic ten commandments. But I'm getting the feeling that advocating for capital punishment and the sanctity of life around here is not a very welcome position.

I have other reasons too. Trump, I'm going back to the last presidential election states he never asks for forgiveness and has other politicians in his back pocket etc. Really do I need go further to disqualify him based on more than Exodus 18:21?

Curious, have you been following Trump's public comments and how he sides against states such as North Carolina and Mississippi which try to protect the sanctity of marriage and not allow sexual predators etc into women's bathrooms where they are most vulnerable. He appears to have a very worldly position on these issues. I must say Trump began winning me over as I was considering him a Christian ally up until recently. A lot of people take the position that homosexuality shouldn't be my concern because it does no harm when isolated to a homosexual bedroom. Though, the fact that these discussions are taking place in the public and being crammed down the throats of our children in the social welfare program called public education puts that myth to rest.

There's always one that attempts to shift the conversation onto behavior etc. I'm refraining from sharing my observation about you at this point in time. Please address my points while not making this discussion personal. If you wish to escalate I have no problem going into combat mode but I doubt the mods will sit on hands while I go for your juggler ;)

#24 Christforums, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  5. Calminian

Site Supporter

Exactly what I thought. Total phony. Thank you for dropping the mask.

You're a coward because you talk a good game, but won't even walk to the voting both for the unborn. Like I said, if your life was on the line, you be in the streets chanting Trump's name.

They need your vote. They could careless about you popping off in a forum, tooting your own horn.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Right, that's what this country needs is more democracy. What the majority believe ought solve the issue. You really think more politics is what this country needs? Maybe more Roman Catholic SCOTUS judges which won't even hear cases to overturn Roe vs Wade?

Contrary to that I believe certain rights ought be protected and are non negotiable despite what the majority believe.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [QUOTE="Christforums, post: 2593110, member: 14554POTUS Donald Trump just lost my vote for reelection[/QUOTE]

...truth be known he didn't have your vote to begin with....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "...truth be known he didn't have your vote to begin with...."

No he didn't. However, Trump was winning me over until I actually began a little more research.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFL!!! Yea, right....

10. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is there a point you're making? If so, it escapes me.

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

God created the nations and the governments. They receive authority directly from God. You have a beef with their authority, you have a beef with God.

Paul told us the core function of government is to punish the guilty and protect (minister to) the innocent. Romans 13. I can't think of anyone more innocent than the unborn.

And in case you don't understand your country, we the people have intrinsic authority. We don't have a caesar. The electorate appoints the governing officials. If you sit on your hands, you're throwing away the authority God gave you. But that's between you and him.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump haters are a dime a dozen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who'd you vote for in 2016?

14. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you actually reading my responses? You seemingly conveyed a point I made long ago about the purpose of government. Not all governments are "servants" of God. That however, does not mean any one person on this earth is not subject to the Sovereign God. Even evil has a purpose.

You say you can't think of anyone that is more innocent than children. Please clarify, do you believe abortionist ought be put to death when murdering children or not by the civil magistrate?

You then say I have a beef with God if I disagree with our nation. And I simply pointed to Psalm 137 and acknowledged a simple curse which seemingly escapes you.

You state I sit on my hands. But I took an oath in office of soldier to protect the Constitution from both foreign and domestic threats. Having said that let me ask you this, do you believe anyone that attempts to strip Constitutional rights as "anyone more innocent than the unborn" are an enemy or friend to the Constitution?

As far as understanding my country The People's representatives are in office at this time. And they represent the People's depravity just fine. Our founding forefathers understood this perfectly well enough to implement checks and balances. And ensured us from time to time that the powers at hand might need be checked by the People's 2nd Amendment. I highly doubt that exercising such right might solve the issue. The real issue is "The People".

I have no doubt that this nation's course is above my pay grade. And I am convinced that a wicked nation is given wicked rulers as well as We the People have consequences which evidently condemn not only us but our children and their children, children's children.

#34 Christforums, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  15. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The only actual politician that had a Constitutional Republican voting record as proof for their positions in these matters. Senator Ted Cruz. When he lost I refrained from voting for Trump. I see nowhere in Scripture that says I ought violate biblical principles so my party may win.

16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who'd you vote for in 2016?

17. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wasn't I clear enough? Ted Cruz.

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In November 2016? Who'd you vote for?

19. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Last post to you since you're seemingly struggling with comprehension. I refrained from voting in November.

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I suppose you're gonna repeat in 2020.

Shame, Trump 'almost' had you won over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.