1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

POTUS Donald Trump just lost my vote for reelection

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Christforums, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what if Ted Cruz continues to support Trump? You still gonna be anti-Trump?

2. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What makes you think I'm "anti-Trump"? Or a Trump hater etc?

Lemme explain this to you and everyone else. The Liberal/Dems or Lefitst are pushing so extreme left that every time the right negotiates we compromise and take one step left. People who were Political Independents only some short years ago now appear extreme right. Because I refrain to vote for a lesser candidate on the most important issues doesn't mean as others call me "coward, phony" etc but that I refuse to compromise on certain key issues. Some people believe "rational discourse" is a virtue. Some believe negotiating or compromising is a virtue. However, that's not always the case. For example, say on one hand we have unbelief and the other our belief in God. It is never a virtue to compromise by finding the happy medium between the two [taking one step away from God]. Murdering innocent children is non negotiable as well as the sanctity of marriage. I am non negotiable. That is what I believe most accurately describes my act of not voting.

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    K.

I'm a Trump supporter, there is no better alternative for us.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's your motive for this thread?

5. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No doubt, the majority of the Republican base believe the same thing.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, genius, who's your alternative?

7. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Began just as a rant. I was venting because I've heard too many times there's no better alternative.

Christians supported Trump after he won against Cruz. They said, he'll pick good Conservative judges for SCOTUS. They said, he'll do wonders for the economy. Those were the main two reasons I came across for the Evangelical Christian vote. I'm just stating a fact, and that's that the SCOTUS judges won't hear cases to overturn Roe vs Wade. And our economy has been wiped from all its gains.

Now what?

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did that.

He did that...until covid19 arrived on the scene, but that story hasn't played out yet.

Where you getting this fact from? The fat lady ain't sung yet. He's still got Ginsberg and Sotomayor to replace yet

Again, that story hasn't played out yet.

Do you blame Trump for what's happened to our economy?

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you blame Trump for what's happened to our economy?

10. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not at all. I think overall it is God exposing "The People's" folly. Those who believe there's no better alternative. Please read the OP it has become unbearable here. That is, the lack of comprehension by members. When I questioned whether a Catholic judge's allegiance was to the Pope or Constitution I was just about stoned to death by Trump supporters.

#50 Christforums, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  11. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Because we can trust Roman Catholics which have it right. This really shows their discernability. I'm sure the Catholic understanding sums it best when interpreting the dreams of our forefathers.

Yes, I am sarcastic.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I won't sleep over eight hours tonight worrying, knowing that Trump 'almost' won you over but ultimately failed.

13. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I can accept that as the extent of your comprehension or what you gleaned from this discussion.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you have your integrity in tact. Trump made a very telling and true statement when he stated that he could shoot someone on the streets of NYC and he would get away with it.... and he with his base of supporters, indeed he could.

15. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My 4th grade teacher used to always ask, What if everyone did that? Obviously the logical answer to that is that we would Hillary for president right now. I fail to see the integrity in unwittingly letting that happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, now look what you got

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except for the voters in about 8 swing states everyone else’s vote for president has no impact as the Electoral College votes of those 42 states are a fait accompli for one or the other of the two major parties.

18. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Righteousness shall not reign until the Lord returns and sets up His Kingdom.

President Woodrow Wilson and all the other powerful nations that aligned to form the League of Nations, in their vanity, thought they could establish a peace assuring entity upon the earth. The scriptures do not support the folly of peaceful human reign. That was a hundred years ago.

Our best choice at the ballot box has always been the Representatives that are most tolerant of Christian worship, practice, and values.

We have fallen away to the point now, that Christianity is openly attacked. But not before this nation was used of God to: save many American souls, assist in the reestablishment of the Jews back in their land, and in being the secure home base to train and send missionaries around the world to spread the gospel.

Like it or not, the falling away, which brings in the Antichrist's thankfully brief kingdom, is unavoidable and part of the chain of events that God allows.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may be wrong, but this thread seems to be primarily about one person's EMOTIONAL response to the fact that we do not vote for Potus (Preacher of the US), but for POTUS (PRESIDENT OF THE US) - a political, NOT spiritual leader of the country.
    Very rarely does the average citizen have a voice in their gov't, but we do - and to abuse it is, IMHO, a crime!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the Electoral College works for me, I am all for it. I live in a blue state, but still vote even though pretty much the opposite of what I vote for wins the majority vote. Why? Because people died to give me the right to vote, and so we honor them with our vote. And if Trump wins another term, and perhaps appoints another supreme, they may finally require voter ID, and that would put a few more states in play.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.