1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RECEIVING GOD'S SPIRIT IS CONDITIONAL ON BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING GOD'S WORD.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 3rdAngel, Sep 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    All you have provided here is only supporting what is being shared with you. So what is it you do not believe?

2. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ

Wheather you are born again or not I do not know. It is between you and God. If you are Born again you will believe God's Word that is shared with you as it is God's Word not mine. Why do you not believe it?

#42 3rdAngel, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That salvation is conditional, instead of being unconditional and based on God's choice alone.

4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do.
    Do you believe this?

" And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." ( Acts of the Apostles 13:48 )

Do you believe what it says?

How about this?

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." ( John 5:24 ).

If you don't, then you do not believe God's word, sir.
    It's not difficult...all one has to do is believe the words for the very words' sake.

5. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Your only repeating yourself this is already responded to in post # 41 that said All you have provided here is only supporting what is being shared with you. So what is it you do not believe?

6. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    If you do not believe that salvation is conditional, then you do not believe God's Word that says it is. Please feel free to address posts 16 to 19 and the scriptures in them that disagree with you. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

7. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That salvation is conditional and relies on what man does.

8. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Now your only making things up no one has ever said or believes. As posted earlier, we are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH (believing God's Word) and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8-9. OBEDIENCE to God's Word is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD by faith. This is God's work in us and a part of the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12; PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. Your promoting the false gospel of "Once Saved Always Saved" This is not biblical and has it's origin from the father of lies first told to Eve in the garden of Eden in GENESIS 3:1-5 stating that you can break God's commandments and not surely die. All who follow this course will be disappointed when JESUS returns *MATTHEW 7:22-23.

9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What parts?
    Do you mean to tell me that God's word contradicts itself, and that I have to believe the parts that you tell me to, and the way you tell me to believe them, to the exclusion of the parts that contradict what you're telling me?

" All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
    38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
    40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."
    ( John 6:37-40 ).

Please tell me what this states, in your own words.

10. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're promoting the error that God's children's salvation is based on their own efforts, and that they cannot rest in God's perfect work...the work His Son did on the cross for them.

Are you sure that you want to teach this?

Because as I see it, you're teaching that a person's salvation rests on their own efforts, not God's.

#50 Dave G, Sep 8, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Your only repeating yourself because you do not believe God's Word that is shared with you. This has aready been addressed in posts 16- 19. Please feel free to address posts 16 to 19 and the scriptures in them that disagree with you. Repeating yourself and ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear. None of the scriptures you have provided here support your claims that God's salvation and God's promises are not conditional on believing and following God's Word.

#51 3rdAngel, Sep 8, 2019
  12. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've posted them, and it seems they went right over your head.:(
    I believe His word just fine.

Please answer post # 49.;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Not at all. You have only had God's Word shared with you but you do not believe them. These are your words that are not God's Word so your arguement is with God not me. As posted earlier it is God's Word not mine that says; we are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH (believing God's Word) and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8-9. OBEDIENCE to God's Word is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD by faith. This is God's work in us and a part of the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12; PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. Your promoting the false gospel of "Once Saved Always Saved" This is not biblical and has it's origin from the father of lies first told to Eve in the garden of Eden in GENESIS 3:1-5 stating that you can break God's commandments and not surely die. All who follow this course will be disappointed when JESUS returns *MATTHEW 7:22-23.

These are God's Words why do you not believe them? Igoring God's Word does not make them dissappear.

14. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good evening to you sir.
    It seems that there is a great gulf fixed between us, and we cannot reach over to one another.

I will refrain from addressing you further, as it seems that you refuse to address post # 49.
    I'll put you on "ignore", so I'm not tempted to read anything you post from here on out.

I wish you long life and health.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    No problem. You have provided no scripture that shows that salvation is not conditional on believing and following God's Word. Please show me a single scripture you have posted that says that salvation and God's promises are not conditional on believing and following God's Word? Yet you have been provided whole threads of scripture that are God's Word not my words showing that salvation and God's promises are always conditional on believing and following God's Word yet you do not believe them.

#55 3rdAngel, Sep 8, 2019
  16. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Wish you only all the best my friend. If you cannot respond to the scriptures provided and only sent in love and as a help to you perhaps you can pray about it. If you believe Gods Word then you will know that God's Word does not contradict itself. This should be a warning to you that maybe your interpretation of the scriptures here are not correct. Something to pray about. Everything that has been provided here is only sent in love and as a help to you. Thanks for the discussion.

God bless

#56 3rdAngel, Sep 8, 2019
  17. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Why are we WARNED not to GRIEVE God's Spirit?

18. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Thanks for the work you put into this. I don't connect the dots the same way you do but it's a great collection of scriptures on the subject.[/QUOTE]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Hello Dave, no need for thanks as it is God's Word not mine. All thanks be to him.

God bless

• Like Like x 1
  20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Belief is a condition. Even though it is God who enables one to believe by means of His word. Romans 3:11; 2 Timothy 2:25; John 3:16.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.