1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas judge under fire over discipline video

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No I did not lie. I wrote your own words that condemned you and then summarized them. You advocate beating women.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

This thread reminds me of this line (not the story about the judge, but where this thread has gone):

"The beatings will continue until morale improves!"

:tongue3: :love2: :laugh:

#102 preacher4truth, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann you lied!

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

So you would enforce the death penalty for those "infractions". Thanks for your honesty, evil as it may be.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, I came to a conclusion based on what you have posted. State that you would not beat your wife if she did exactly as that woman did. You stated you do not condone domestic violence but apparently you do if you condone child abuse. But let's get to the point. Answer these questions:

If that woman were your wife, would you beat her?

Do you condone beating a woman as long as she is not your wife?

You state that I have habitually lied. Where would that evidence be found? Do not say post 79 because you stated that I have done this before and I'm asking for proof. So far you've failed at that. Maybe you are spending all this time trying to find what's not there?

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Again you have LIED! I never said what you have stated.

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I have to agree Ann that this is what was seemingly implied in the quotes you've given. Although he never "came out and said it," it is still strongly implied in what he actually did say. Any person can derive this from his own words.

I think the burden of proof is on freeatlast to answer your valid questions.

#107 preacher4truth, Nov 5, 2011
  8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

FAL- You can potentially clear this all up by answering with a simple yes or no the following question:

Would you do (whip, beat) to your wife that which you say needs to be done (whip, beat) to this woman, if you thought she had it comming?

Based on your own words, do you not think people are going to come to the conclusion that they have?

Perhaps you misspoke early in the thread and are too proud to admit it. Now's your chance.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is already clear as Ann lied because I have answered. Read Post #66 it could not be more clear. I make a clear answer and she lied about what I said and no I did not misspeak, I spoke clearly.

#109 freeatlast, Nov 5, 2011
  10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sadly, it appears you did.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is your post #66. You said that there is no command to beat a wife but you didn't say that you wouldn't do so.

Next you say that she was not his wife so I guess if she were his wife, he shouldn't beat her but since she wasn't his wife, he should beat her.

Then you say "The statement about her needing a whipping is true." So you condone violence against women.

I already have the questions out there to clarify but you so far have refused to answer them. I wonder why....

So in the end, I apologize. Freeatlast would not beat his wife. But he condones violence against women. That is despicable.

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You do know Ann that according to freeatlast you cannot be saved since you told a lie! He doesn't believe a Christian can backslide, therefore that means you must be lost, at least according to him.

Perhaps in heaven his job will be checking to make sure we belong there, and if we don't look out! He has a rod he is more than willing to use! :laugh:

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Call me a liberal. The girl was wrong and should have been disciplined - not beaten with a belt.

As someone who was beaten with a belt - I can tell you that it made me more defiant and angry, not less. Eph 6:4 comes to mind.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann I accept your apology for the first lie but now you lied again. Like I said before you have a real problem with lying about people.

#114 freeatlast, Nov 5, 2011
  15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Eph is not talking about what you are trying to make it out to. If the belt made you more angry and defiant then it probably was not applied strong enough and often enough. Also If caporal discipline makes you more defiant then you are a rebellious child with no hope. God calls for the rod and if you prefer that then fine, but I think you will find the rod is much more painful then any belt.

In the case of this man and his daughter he did handle the problem incorrectly, but the discipline was not child abuse as some are trying to claim.

16. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

FAL, are you married? Do you have any children?

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not telling you as it has nothing to do with this. I base my understanding on the word of God not experiences.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He seems to like to avoid questions. There are numerous ones standing out on this thread.

19. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Trolling has also come to mind.

20. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I only saw a few seconds where he made her turn over, and I thought, he spanked her with his hand... hard.. I don't recall any audio, but.. I have disciplined several of our children, much the same as I observed in that few seconds. I get good and angry, at rebellion, and administer corporal punishment with my open hand, to the butt hard enough to hurt my hand.. I do it in anger, anger at the rebellion, but I do not sin in it.. I know my strength, and know the limits needed, and I know how long to administer the spanking. Well, past tense, as our children are well grown up and all use the same kind of discipline as we did.

It has been easy for satan to pervert even the elect's perceptions on what constitutes good discipline, and our society is paying dearly for it. We have chosen to believe him over God's Word.

It is so sad to see a young mother trying to "reason" with a 3 or 4 year old screaming to get his way in the candy aisle. We never had that problem past a day or so..

I doubt I needed to spank any of our children more than 3 times (one child excepted) or so in their lives. Prov 22:15 The rod drives foolishness "far from him". Once crime and punishment, and expectations are understood and accepted, there is little (if any) corporal punishment needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.