The Beatles are the greatest rock n' roll band of all time.

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Travelsong, Apr 19, 2005.

1. David M Walker New Member

I agree with Jim

2. Mike McK New Member

I agree with Jim </font>[/QUOTE]So then, would "Row, Row, Row, Your Boat" be "pro-Christ" or "anti-Christ"?

Now Playing: Neil Young – “Greendale”

3. Pete New Member

Ever feel like flaming? :D :D

[FLAME]
    Ahhhh The Beatles, greater musicians than even Milli Vanilli! Was there ever a better band musically? Everything from prehistoric prefabricated pop to drug-drenched dirges...and all with more weird #7 & b13 chords with 2¾ twists than anyone previously had dared to include...

What fantastic lyricists Lennon & McCartney were. Oh to have been there the day that one of them said to the other "How does "She loves you yeah yeah" sound?" and to hear the other reply "It needs another "yeah"...". Beautiful...

The icing on the cake, all sung in their unmatchable harmonies...unmatchable except maybe by the sound of 18 wheels suddenly being forced to stop from 87mph with an enthusiastic application of the air brakes...
    [/FLAME]

:D :D Oh BOY am I gonna be in trouble now.... :D :D

4. Mike McK New Member

Only when I listen to Judy Garland.

Now Playing: Roger Guth – “Scotch”

5. D28guy New Member

Yeah, I thought of that when I mentioned him. Vocally, he does sound like Paul Macartny. I dont think its anything but a coincidence, but I'm not sure. And some of his non instrumental recordings have sort of a "pop" sound. I still very much enjoy the guitar work on those recordings, but generally those are my least favorite of his recordings.

My favorites of his are his instrumental ones. the ones with no singing.

Mike

6. Rocko9 New Member

MikeMcK
    Ditto to everything you said.
    The Rolling Stones were and still are a very popular and once influental band and some may argue against that. In the early years I was a Beatle fanatic, I didn't think any one person or group could ever be as good. it wasn't until the Beatles broke up that I started discovering that there was a lot more good music out there. Who knows if the Beatles will be known as the most influental Pop Group ever it doesn't matter . What matters is that we should have our priorities straight. When Lennon made the comment about being more popular than Christ it made a lot of folks angry but look how much it gained for the cause of Christ, it made a lot of folks ask about how they prioritize important belifs in thier lives. So maybe Lennon's statement was meant for evil maybe it wasn't but God used that to turn his people around .

7. ASLANSPAL New Member

Ever feel like flameing...

yeah..yeah...yeah...

Rap

Rap puts a lot of people out of work in the music
    business...Its what the young kids like ..I don't
    understand why.

8. Rocko9 New Member

ASLANSPAL
    Young folks like rap because it iritates the dickens out of us older folks, although I did think Coolio"s "Gansta Paridise" was kind of funky and check out Jennifer Knapps last CD when she performs with Grits.

9. ASLANSPAL New Member

So its a vast Rap wing conspiracy by younger
    folk .

10. Rocko9 New Member

Our generation has taught them well , I just hope that they will learn from our mistakes.

11. ASLANSPAL New Member

Hey that sounds like a song!

Teach your children well ...

CSNY

I think CSN actually auditioned at Apple ..and
    were rejected.

12. Rocko9 New Member

Well Apple wasn't well known for it business smarts but they did have sone terrific people puting out great records , one of my favorites was Mary Hopkins (Once upon a time there was a cavern or a tavern )

13. D28guy New Member

I dont either. Musical excrement. Absolute musical garbage. I know christian kids are rapping for Jesus, and I'm glad they are. I just cant be in the same room while they are doing it. I'm serious. I would start getting headaches...very quickly...and would have to go out in the parking lot with the smokers until they finished.

I just hope that someday they will stop and say "Hey? What am I doing? Theres MUSIC out there I could be getting into instead of this stuff!"

Sounding just like my parents when I was a kid and I dont care,

Mike(the anti-rap)

14. Mike McK New Member

James Taylor. His Apple debut is still, thirty seven years later, one of his finest albums.

I like the original version of "Carolina in My Mind" much better than the single version that most people are familiar with.

Now Playing: Los Lonely Boys – “Los Lonely Boys”

15. Mike McK New Member

I dont either. Musical excrement. Absolute musical garbage. I know christian kids are rapping for Jesus, and I'm glad they are. I just cant be in the same room while they are doing it. I'm serious. I would start getting headaches...very quickly...and would have to go out in the parking lot with the smokers until they finished.

I just hope that someday they will stop and say "Hey? What am I doing? Theres MUSIC out there I could be getting into instead of this stuff!"

Sounding just like my parents when I was a kid and I dont care,

Mike(the anti-rap)
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't like rap either. Not only do I not like it (or recognize it) as music, the message is terrible.

I'm not even black and I'm offended by the way it portrays black people.

Now Playing: Warren Zevon – “The Wind”

16. Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Originally it wasn't like it is today. It was more message oriented, and even used for positive. (It was also a bit more musical, and producing their own backgrounds rather than just sampling).
    It was the ego style from about 20 years ago, which began changing it into what we see today.

17. ASLANSPAL New Member

When Don Maclean wrote " The day the music died"
    apparently he was refering to rap.

Have you heard a good guitar riff in a rap song?

Have you heard strings and cellos?

Have you heard harmonies?

Have you heard a big brass section?

No!

My contention that good hardworking artists do
    not have a gig.

should rap even be considered music?

how about calling it street ranting poetry.

Who will save the MUSIC!

18. Rocko9 New Member

What I want to know is where is some of this so called music(and for the time being , also rap)where is going from here. Rap can be creative but for the most part the popular rap is degradin, disgusting, has lack of any imagination. In order to turn it up a notch can it possibly get any more disgusting.(Talking about pop music)

19. Travelsong Guest

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I'm not a huge fan of rap but alot of it is actually quite complex.

20. ASLANSPAL New Member

Really you have heard all that! on a consistent
    basis..perhaps one or two..I still stand on
    my statement rap puts hard working musicians
    our of work.

Alicia Keys is the only one that comes to mind
    on the song "Karma" and that is a hybrid song
    that has some rap.