The ME fallacy's false inheritance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 11, 2007.

1. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Lacy don't be silly.
    If I ask my daughter to write me an essay in Spanish, and she replies--Show me in Spanish why I can't write the essay in German, what sense does it make? That is about as much sense as you are making.
    I asked a simple question. (I don't need a non sequitor).
    Can you demonstrate from the Pauline epistles your ME theology?
    It is a straightforward question. Should I also ask the question: Can you understand English? Sheeeesh!

2. TCGreek New Member

1. Isn't it interesting that when called upon to demonstrate what has commonly been referred to as ME, you, without hesitation, run to the Synoptics?

2. Paul wrote 13 books of the NT; he was used mightily to forge out documents on which later generations of Christians were able and are able to reflect on the fundamentals of Christianity.

3. Every essential doctrine of Christianity can be found in Paul, whether explicitly or implicitly.

4. Then this doctrine of the Kingdom should be shown without hesitation from Paul.

3. J. Jump New Member

That's because that's what Christian means. It is a term that means Christ-like in behavior. It's only modern-day Christendom that has changed the meaning of the word to mean "all" saved people.

"All" saved people do not act Christ-like. One just need read this message board for a day and that will be evident.

However I have never accused anyone of not being saved if that is what you are getting at.

So unless you have anything else you have failed once again to prove any point.

4. J. Jump New Member

And it has been done at some point. I just gave two examples of where Paul has been dealt with but all you folks want to do is continue to say we haven't shown you anything. Again proving my point of nothing but game playing.

5. Lacy Evans New Member

OK I already knew you believe that. I just want you tp prove it, using Pauline Scripture.

After all:

1. Isn't it interesting that when called upon to demonstrate what has commonly been referred to as Pauline Dispensationalism, you, without hesitation, deflect the question?

2. Paul wrote 13 (14 in My Bible) books of the NT; he was used mightily to forge out documents on which later generations of Christians were able and are able to reflect on the fundamentals of Christianity.

3. Every essential doctrine of Christianity (including Pauline Dispensationalism) can be found in Paul, whether explicitly or implicitly.

4. Then this doctrine of Pauline Dispensationalism should be shown without hesitation from Paul.[/

6. Amy.G New Member

I've proved what you said.

You have also said that not all saved people are Christians.

Maybe you just don't know what a Christian is.

7. Amy.G New Member

I do not know what Pauline dispensationalism is. I would probably have a hard time proving it. :laugh:

8. Lacy Evans New Member

Dude I can and will show you. (In French or Spanish) Just as soon as you show me:

1) Why beyond a doubt, Hebrews wasn't written by Paul
    2) Why James, Peter, Jude, John, Mark, Matthew, and Luke are inferior tp Paul and not profitable for doctrine.
    3) Where Paul himself teaches that doctrine must be found in his writings before it is true.

9. J. Jump New Member

I've never denied saying that. Now I did say something when you smirkly told James to be careful or I would say that he wasn't a Christian, because I thought you meant that I was going to say James was unsaved.

I would never accuse someone of being unsaved that claims they are saved by Biblical standards. Now if you simply meant that I would accuse James of not being a Christian, because of un-Christ-like behavior then yes I would still stand by those comments and I apologize if I mis-spoke based on what you were saying.

I have and I still stand behind that statement, because not all "saved" folks are "Christ-like" in their actions.

In fact I do. A Christian is a saved individual that is carrying on in their behavior in a "Christ-like" manner. Anything outside of that is using the term "Christian" in a way in which Scripture does not. Scripture uses the term "Christian" to speak of those whose "actions" were in line with Christ.

10. TCGreek New Member

How about four options on 1 Cor 9:27:

1. Disqualified from Eternal life (that's if you don't believe in eternal security)

2. Disqualified from Kingdom reign.

3. Disqualified from his crown.

4. Or Disqualified from being fit for heralding the gospel.

Which one did Paul have in mind?

11. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1Cor.9:27 is an earthly illustration using sporting activities to motivate Christians to serve the Lord. It has nothing to do with ME, or anything remotely close to it. As an athelete that is not conditioned for his sport will sit on the sidelines and let someone else take his place, so it is in Christianity. No one is indispensible. Mordecai reminded Esther that if she wouldn't take action in the palace where God had placed that deliverance would arise from some other place. No one is indispensible. If your pastor is not living right, he can be replaced. God will set him on the shelf. He is not indispensible.
    Being set on the shelf has nothing to do with the JSOC, hell, LOF, or ME. It only has to do with service on this earth.

12. Lacy Evans New Member

So show me exactly where he said YOU are not a Christian or questioned your salvation. Because I don't see it.

If I said, "If you wear red socks, your feet will turn pink," would that mean I said "YOUR FEET AMY are indeed pink?"

13. J. Jump New Member

This is one of the very ones that I just said has been dealt with.

It can be 1, 2 or 3. Paul even said there were some people that were preaching the good news with ill intentions, but to leave them alone because what they were preaching was correct, so I would hardly say No. 4 is a viable option. The text certainly doesn't point to that.

14. TCGreek New Member

1. Now, position 2 is what you have been championing, but neither is that a viable option.

2. Nowhere does Paul teach that a believe who misbehave would miss out on Kingdom reign.

15. Lacy Evans New Member

For your Pauline Dispensationalist Reading Pleasure

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=15161&page=16

Start on Post #156. This guy Carl Denson makes all of ya'll look like you're standing still. He's a Pauline Pauline Pauline Pauline Dispensationalist. And we went for about 150 or so pages with him. (DHK was there . . . short term memory . . .just keep swimming, just keep swimminng)

16. Amy.G New Member

I'm not going to respond to this entire post because I feel like I'm arguing with child. But I would like to know where you get your definition for Christian.

The word Christian means a follower of Christ and was actually a derogatory name for the early church. So, I don't know where you came up with Christian meaning we always "behave" like Christ.

17. TCGreek New Member

1. Position 3 is more like it, for elsehwere Paul speaks of finishing the race and the crown that was about to be awarded to him (2 Tim 4:6-8).

2. Besides, in 1 Cor 9 Paul is referring to the athletes who competed, expecting that wreath.

3. There's simply no Kingdom Exclusionism here.

18. Amy.G New Member

Yes. If I was wearing the red socks.

If I'm not behaving Christ-like, I'm not a Christian. (In your world)

19. Lacy Evans New Member

Come on man! I'm bustin' at the seam here to show you scripture after Pauline scripture that shows what behavior will disqualify you from the Kingdom.

Just waiting for you to prove from Paul's own writing, that it is essential to do so.

Lacy

20. TCGreek New Member

Proceed with your Pauline references.