The ME fallacy's false inheritance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Lacy Evans New Member

I'm not your sock inspector and JJ is not your conscience. You're just so ready to make us out to be liars.

I haven't been called a liar since yesterday. I'm starting to feel left out.

2. Lacy Evans New Member

Ddear Brother Moderator,

We're on page 29 so do we just jump over to an already open thread and fill it up or can we lock em all down when we lock this one and start a new ONE?

"ME blown outta the water" is only at 16 pages.

PS. I don't think James' interpreting parables is a ME thread per say, but no one has really dealt with the OP much.

3. TCGreek New Member

Why not start a new thread where you show those Pauline texts support ME doctrine?

4. Lacy Evans New Member

You're not getting off that easy. My love is conditional. Prove why it is necessary first and then I'm your homie!

5. Lacy Evans New Member

I'll just post on your thread where you prove the Pauline dispensationalist theory from Paul's own hand.

6. lbaker New Member

Now that I'm back from band practice - I scanned all the references to "kingdom" in the NT and didn't see any that were obviously, by plain reading, referring to a literal, earthly, future kingdom.

So, maybe you could give me an example of one that to your way of thinking speaks of a literal, future, earthly kingdom.

Les

7. TCGreek New Member

1. Well, you're the ones who said that you can do it from Paul.

2. Besides, Paul is quite didactic in his approach and most of our theology are found in Paul.

8. lbaker New Member

ROFLOL!!!!

9. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Paul does not speak of Millenial Exclusion in either of those verses, JJump. You only insert that false doctrine into those verses.

10. Lacy Evans New Member

Didactic schmidactic.

You're the ones who make it imperative that we do so. I refuse to play untill I understand why it is necessary. It should be easy for one so dogmatic about Pauline revalation.

11. TCGreek New Member

If you cannot understan the import of Paul in forming one's theology, then I cannot help you.

12. Amy.G New Member

Why the silly games?

If ME is important to you and you truly want people to understand it, then post away from Paul's writings.

13. Lacy Evans New Member

It's just that I really feel it is important to form my theology from Paul, so if you could kindly prove to me from Paul's own writing that Pauline Dispensationalism is true. . . .

14. TCGreek New Member

1. C'mon, Lacy, I have never argued for Pauline Dispensationalism. What do you want me to start now.

2. BTW, what does Pauline Dispensationalism have to do with ME doctrine?

15. Lacy Evans New Member

OK I'll rephrase:

It's just that I really feel it is important to get my theology from Paul, so if you could kindly prove to me from Paul's own writing that we can't get doctrine from the gospels, (the parables) Acts, John, Peter, or Jude. . . .

16. Lacy Evans New Member

Uh Uh Uh . . . you gotta go first. I'm ready. I got em highlighted in my Bible, but I'm waiting on you.

PS. You better hurry we're on page 30!!!

17. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In answer to the original request (or challenge): "Demonstrate ME theology through the teachings of Paul," your statement is both non sequitor, and nonsensical.

18. TCGreek New Member

1. Lacy, with all respect, find someone else to answer your questions.

2. I thought the challenge was reasonable, but you decided to head in another direction.

3. Well, you will have to proceed without me.

19. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    This constant going back and forth about the ME trash is useless.

When you post the truth from the Word of God, the ME proponents are blinded to it, having their understanding darkened.

20. Lacy Evans New Member

A non sequitur (IPA: /nɑn 'sɛkwɪtə(ɹ)/) is a conversational and literary device, often used for comical purposes

There might be a bit of truth to that.

Are you going to answer my post about Mark 9? Or do I have to first prove Mark is canonical or some such non sequiturism.