1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Administration's COVID Test Deserves Blame for Lengthy Return to Normalcy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously, you can not be at peace without putting Christ first. Does this nation do this, do the leadership? No, there can be no peace.

#41 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The nation? The leadership? I have peace because I have Christ. Scripture promises peace to us. I sincerely hope for....

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel for your wife and for you, and applaud your devotion. You deserve our prayers.

But that doesn't excuse you from making such a false claim, then acting like you could back it up. However, I'm willing to let the noble ITL (or whoever else would champion it) take up your position and prove us wrong and you right, though it could be that you don't understand his position or the article or the situation at the time.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not going to look up Jeremiah 6, but I’ll guess the context. False prophets/priests were advising the King of Israel that Babylon would not attack. Their prophecy was of “peace” and Jeremiah contradicted them saying there would be no peace.

On the other hand, Psalm 34:14 tells us “seek peace and pursue it”.

peace to you

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I see. When entrenched bureaucrats in the CDC say something, Trump blindly follows. Especially when it comes to the critical decision regarding balancing public health concerns with the economy and well-being of working people. I guess the bureaucrats in the CDC are not worthy of being drained from the swamp.

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a silly, illogical, underhanded, hypocritical rant. At the very best, it is just a TDS anarchist type of strategy, but in actuality it is a call to usher in someone of extremely deviant character and devoid of all good sense. The only other choice being offered is Biden/Harris, neither of whom can hold a candle to Trump's own "strength & honor.... and intelligence."

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see you are practicing your mind reading techniques. Assigning motive when you could not know motive.

Even if you knew an intent on the part of the writer, facts are presented. Go after the facts, don't impugn the writer's intent.

No. I'm talking about tests that were developed by other nations. Tests and testing protocols that were put in place weeks before ours were implemented. These tests gave the other nations a jump on overcoming the virus while we dithered working up our own test.

Wouldn't it have been nice if Trump had used the test developed in Germany AT LEAST until we had our own test developed?

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine job? He went with a test that was late and tested only for Yes/No with no qualitative metrics. This Yes/No test is then used to quarantine people, shutdown the economy, shutter businesses, etc. Millions of people were told to shelter at home because we didn't have a test ready, and even if we did, it didn't indicate the contagious factor of the people that tested positive. We shut down the economy because we didn't have an adequate test in a timely manner.

Best job in the world? Don't think so. If it was such a great job, why is almost every Western nation ahead of us in recovering from Covid?

9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may be with you on this particular point, at least in general principle. I would love to see ousted whatever swamp creatures are holding back the CDC and the FDA from doing their jobs for America and Americans.

Same for the FBI. I'm not sure how far down one would have to go to get the right persons, or how to go about that task. If it weren't for Barr, who volunteered reentry, the Justice Department would likely still be in terrible shape.

This swamp draining business is a nightmare from which there may be no obvious escape. Perhaps you see a clearer path?

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Draining the swamp? It's above my pay grade.

I do have the sense to question whether or not a test should be a simple Yes/No or whether it should give qualitative results. The idea that we do, indeed, have qualitative results but we discard them and apply the same rules and protocols to ANYONE that tests positive is crazy policy. Surely someone should be fired for this. At the minimum the testing protocols should be updated and new rules for those that test positive but are not contagious should be issued.

11. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    In general, it seems that when the CDC and FDA are making their judgments, they are called "the science," which dare not be defied, but when their judgments turn out to be poor or ineffective, they are called "the Trump administration," as if "Dr." Trump himself failed.

So, yes, politics is very much the aim of the articles, and the sick game the Dems/MSM are playing, even with the lives of our friends and loved ones, some of whom didn't survive this. The naïve will blame Trump, of course, which was their goal all along. They're far from done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    AFAIK, the CDC and FDA are the ones running the show. I don't trust either. Yes, they should be fired, but it is in fact a drain the swamp issue.

I did notice that there was a call to test again for those who didn't test high enough the first time round. Did other countries do this? Seems to me that the articles are essentially silent on what other countries did or are doing. And that can be an expensive, time-consuming proposition requiring many more tests.

Oh, and as for adopting tests from other countries, why did other countries do their own? The FDA generally does not simply adopt products from other countries. Could Trump have simply overruled that here, or would that be "going against the science"? It's not as simple as either of us wants.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we already got trump so why rock the boat :Wink
    That must be a joke right!:Laugh

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will have peace in the next world. I’m not an idealist

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah. I know Trump ain't the GOAT. But while the emotive TDS mindset may hinder the imagination and defy all logic and wisdom, I fully understand that things could be much worse, not only much worse than Biden or Harris or Pelosi or Schumer or Schiff or Bernie or the Squad, etc., or even the deep state. I just don't want to see it or even a return to the nightmarish Obama stage, and Trump isn't even close to being as bad as any of them or the other Dems or, as you like to describe them, the "excreted" politickers of your precious pile "the Lincoln Assassination Project." Saying otherwise would be a joke. So, given what you've already said, I'll say it "in advance"—Good one! LOL. :Wink

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are fearful and that’s not a good look.

You could die at anytime.... in a car crash, of cancer, of a sudden heart attack.... that’s all in the lords hands, not yours and not mine and that’s the only

way you will find peace. And yes politics and politicians don’t impress me on either side. All I have is allegiance to God, family, my morality and to knowing that one day I will die and see my Lord.

#56 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  17. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There were no tests at the beginning of this, period! The WHO certainly didn't have any tests to pass around. This imaginary hindsight testing narrative is a joke. You have simply bought into this strange narrative to blame Trump for not testing properly based on some ridiculous premises despite the US quickly developing the fastest and most inclusive testing in the world.

I was thinking you'd gotten over your NeverTrump/TDS mindset but apparently the nearing election has rekindled your fire and you are jumping on and repeating this type of propaganda for people like EWF to suck up as fact... I'm not buying it and rather surprised that you would but that is obviously your choice.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gee thanks, but I don’t want or desire your sympathy. I’m simply trying to say to you that I’m in agreement with ITL’ s position. I have seen first hand how damn stupid this procedure for detecting and isolation for Covid 19 is. People were told not to seek medical attention unless it was critical causing people to wait months to see a physician... and in some cases an underlying medical condition will go undetected. This alone is no solution but a travesty of the nations resources which could have been avoided.

19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You remind of the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar and crumbs on his mouth saying someone could not say they saw him eating the cookies.

Don't forget to wipe the crumbs off your face then.
    No, you are avoiding the situation at the time that no tests were available and those that were deemed unreliable by our experts. On top of that you are avoiding the fact that we have quickly developed into the most testing in the world and that these tests are giving us the information we need to deal with the virus.
    And here we go trying to blame Trump for being irresponsible in his expert guided decisions about the virus - right in time for the election, why am I not surprised you would attempt to defend this ridiculous narrative?

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well there it is folks, Dr. Ben with his advanced medical degree in PT has spoken and his word is indisputable fact.
    I will tell you the truth, it wouldn’t have mattered to me because my mind has already been made up about trump. If a tragedy happens on the President (or any leaders watch) then they must go. This happens in business, this happens in the private sector.... it’s unvarnished capitalism and it needs to happen here. The buck stops here as Harry Truman was famous for immortalizing and its time for trump to pay the price.