Trump: U.S. to withdraw from Paris climate pact, calls it 'unfair' for America

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 1, 2017.

1. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They took it from the same source already quoted. It's not fake news. It's just outright lies, like the whole "global warming" scam from the very beginning.

2. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And we have some so gullible they'll buy swampland in arizona sight unseen, as long as they're spending someone elses money.

3. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many acres did you buy?

4. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if the water rises just a few more inches, I will be able to get my skiff back into the shoals and pull some monster flat heads.

5. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is not so much about the denial of change.....but rather denial of change according to;
    science predictions.
    governments perpetuating laws will prevent weather changes.

FACTS;
    God controls the weather.
    Weather and Climates have historically changed and do so now.
    History repeats itself.
    Science predictions are guesses based on their funded projects, their calculations, their instruments, their experiments.
    Government Laws do not change the weather.
    Governments collecting the peoples wealth does not change the weather.
    God is the ONLY Master who can and does change the weather.

Yes ~ there are some on the board who continue to TRUST God, above science and governments. :)

6. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Flawed models have been used. Deliberate mishandling of data --general manipulation of figures to fit their narrative.

7. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, people ignore all the evidence, even that right in front of our faces, that the climate is changing. That is simply watching the shadows dance on the wall of Plato's cave. It seems we have one or more generations in our society that simply will not believe or accept that which makes them uncomfortable or will mean they have to change. They are simply saying don't bother me with an uncomfortable truth, my mind and made up and I don't want to have to change my lifestyle in any way.

I trust God, but God is not going to save mankind from his own foolishness. You line is simply an easy out. What you are really saying is I don't need to do anything, God will do it for me. That doesn't work in personal lives and it will not work worldwide.

8. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Happy fishing, crabbing, oystering and pleasure boating.

Wonder if Trump will fish from the 2nd floor when Mar-a-Largo's first floor is flooded by rising waters?

9. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agree.

Science is not a new phenomenon. It is taught in scripture.
    Science is simply a method to lead mankind to discoveries.
    Scripture notifies us what to do with those discoveries.

Governments "typically" have one goal in mind....to keep the people "divided"...so they can busy themselves devising ways to get their hands on the peoples wealth.

Why? Because Governments produce NOTHING to generate their own "wealth".

Nothing new ~ our political system begins with the perpetuated riff between R and D, which is the intended big dividing tool for the People to engage in.

What is new ~ is the man who sits in the WH today, upset the whole R and D dividing game. Both R and D "political junkies"... (long time players in the game) didn't know what to do with this man WHO, is engaging "WITH" the People, and NOT playing the game, that they have coined him as being (not Presidential). A man talking about ideals and goals to uplift America and Americans, via America's LIBERTY to take care of herself FIRST, via Americans having less restrained (regulated) opportunities to provide for themselves.

Shocking to several generations WHO have been taught and molded into believing the government was created to provide their every need and want.

Government is suppose to encourage reading, writing, math and science....PERIOD.
    Science has become a useful tool to perpetuate the "governments" goal (agenda).... generate wealth FOR the government!

10. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have heard of no plans to create a fishing deck from Mar-a-Largo's second floor.
    To suggest such is ignorant.
    Mar-a-Largo is not immune to being damaged by flood waters. And from history, properties that Trump has an interest in, that suffer a damage, he repairs them, including Mar-a-Largo.
    So again, to suggest or wonder what will Trump do if his property is damaged, is laughable.

Millions of people flock to and live along the coastlines. Their choice. It is not news some lands erode and some lands rejuvenate. It is not news people have choices to purchase, live, maintain, repair or sell their own properties.

Why would what Trump buys and maintain be of your concern?

11. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm not talking about flood waters, but when the ocean rises 6 or more feet. Of course Trump probably won't be around 70 to a 100 years from now. So, as with other problems he is creating for our kids, grandkids, etc. he doesn't consider them important. Only he is important, not the future, not the planet, not other people.

Are you a denier that the ocean level is rising?

12. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Need a Q-tip?

No one is denying the weather changes or that the climate changes.

The year 1934 was a very hot year in the United States, ranking fourth behind 2012, 2006, and 1998.
    1934 is the hottest year on record

Now jump to the governments term "global warming" stats, (subsequently changed to "global climate")
    2016 was the hottest year in 137 years of record keeping and the third year in a row to take the number one slot, a mark of how much the world has warmed....
    2016 Was the Hottest Year on Record

According to ^ that.... declaration by Both NASA and NOAA, they also add their "reasoning", which is irrelevant.

What IS relevant IS.... ALL the evidence.

2016 & 2016 highlighted areas with photos...
    Record cold and snow have descended upon the planet this Winter and even in the summer in some places. The cold is spreading as the latest satellite data reveals that despite a huge El Nino, global temperatures are not statistically warmer than 1998.
    Record cold and snow spread globally

Governmental terms ie Global Warming; was designed to perpetuate support for a means, for the Government to address the Globe warming up, based on high "recorded" temperatures.

When the "high" global temperatures were NOT sustained, and oops, cold temperatures were recorded afterward.....
    The Government "changed" their catch phrase from Global Warming to: CLIMATE CHANGE.....and continued touting "their" need to be supported (in agreement and financially), to REMEDY, this touted pseudo phenomenon of temperatures RISING and FALLING.

The FACTS are EVIDENT!

Temperatures RISE and Temperatures FALL, and have done so throughout history, LONG before someone decided to KEEP written records.

God controls the Weather. Men observe the Weather.
    God controls the Weather. Men pretending they can KEEP God from controlling the Weather is laughable.
    God controls the Weather. Men have an option;

To discover that God does control the weather...
    and
    To discover WHY (for what purpose) God controls the weather....

It does not matter HOW many nations agree to talk or agree HOW much money to put in the pot to CONTROL the weather.....

The weather does Gods bidding....

Pss 148
    [8] Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling his word:

13. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

They why do you not support doing something about climatge change. We could at least try.

Which is more important saving the planet or increasing jobs for coal miners, etc.?

14. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you say that God is in control of the weather you mean totally. That is like saying that God is in control of your life .... so if someone harms or kills you that is what God wanted. If so, then God is at fault and not the person who harmed or killed you. We humans do influence the weather and it seems not for the good of our own welfare.

Here are ways that humans influence weather:

1. CITIES FORM HEAT ISLANDS.
    They’re not exactly wrong when they call the capital of Georgia “Hotlanta.” Most populated areas generate heat simply by existing. The dense web of asphalt roads, concrete sidewalks, brick facades, and tar roofs are able to absorb a significant amount of heat from the daytime sun, even in the dead of winter. This human-made insulation, called the urban heat island effect, keeps city centers a tad hotter on hot days and a little less cool on cold days.

The urban heat island effect is most noticeable during winter storms when air temperatures are hovering right around freezing, putting you right on the line between wet snow, an icy mix, or a cold rain. The artificial warmth from cities can influence the precipitation type in these storms, potentially lowering a city’s snow accumulations compared to its suburbs.

A 2011 study published in the Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology [PDF] also found that the urban heat island effect can have a pronounced impact on thunderstorms that form over cities. The researchers studied 91 summertime thunderstorms that formed over Indianapolis, Indiana, and found that their research models could not replicate those thunderstorms without the influence of the urban area beneath the storms.

2. CROPS JACK UP THE HUMIDITY.
    If cities can absorb the heat of the day and make it even hotter, you can imagine how the vast swaths of crops that blanket the countryside can also affect our daily weather. Instead of making it hotter, crops can make a humid day unbearable by sending moisture levels almost off the charts on a putrid summer’s day.

Corn crops are notorious for pushing dew points—the temperature at which the air reaches 100 percent humidity—up above 80°F in the middle of the summer, creating a dangerous heat index that soars far above 100°F. Compare that to a muggy day, which has a dew point around 70°F, or a comfortably dry day with a dew point in the low 50s.

The harvest can have the opposite effect, as seen in northern Oklahoma this summer when farmers harvested their winter wheat crops. The state’s Mesonet, a network of weather stations, found that the newly harvested areas were hotter and had a lower dew point than their cooler but muggier surroundings.

3. PAVING INCREASES THE INTENSITY OF FLOODS.
    Vehicles left stranded on a flooded Interstate 45 in Houston, Texas on May 26, 2015. Image credit: Aaron M. Sprecher/AFP/Getty Images
    Our obsession with construction doesn’t stop at influencing temperatures. Paving over porous earth with relatively impervious materials like asphalt and concrete has also had a major impact on flooding during heavy rain events. Fewer places for rainwater to escape means that the sudden influx of water builds up in urban areas or runs off and inundates places that had never seen flooding before.

4. NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS CAN TRIGGER NUCLEAR-EFFECT SNOW.
    Lake effect snow is a yearly phenomenon across North America’s Great Lakes, where bitterly cold air flows over the warm lake water, triggering convection that blows ashore as heavy bands of snow. The bands of snow are so intense that communities can see many feet of snow in one day, sometimes accompanied by thunder and lightning.

It’s not only bodies of water that can cause this phenomenon. Nuclear power plants release large amounts of steam during the course of their operations, and on cold mornings when there’s enough moisture in the air, locations immediately downwind of a power plant’s steam stacks can experience “nuclear-effect snow,” which forms through similar means as lake effect snow. The phenomenon isn’t limited to just nuclear power plants, but they produce enough steam that it’s noticeable over a large area. Thankfully for residents nearby, it doesn’t produce much snow—and it’s not radioactive.

5. URBAN DENSITY CAN AMPLIFY WINDS.

The robes of Pope Francis are blown over his head by a gust of wind in St. Peter's Square in Vatican City. Image credit: Franco Origlia/Getty Images
    If you’ve ever walked down a city street on a windy day, you’ve probably noticed that it sometimes feels like you’re being buffeted by air shot out of an industrial fan instead of a regular windstorm. Dense building construction can amplify the winds and cause gusts to blow much faster than they would out in the open. This wind tunnel effect can cause serious damage, blowing out windows, knocking down trees, and sending dangerous debris hurtling toward the busy streets below.

The principle is the same as holding your thumb over the end of a garden hose to make the water spray out faster—the wind speeds up dramatically as it presses between the buildings. This is also why you should never take shelter underneath a bridge during a tornado. The tornadic winds squeezing underneath the bridge will speed up, increasing the odds that you’ll be pelted by debris or sucked out into the open.

6) JETS CREATE CIRRUS CLOUDS.
    The simple act of flying can also create intricate patterns of clouds in the sky that wouldn’t have formed had we not perfected the art of air travel. The hot water vapor produced by the engine exhaust of a high-flying jet aircraft leave contrails, short for condensation trails, in their wake. Contrails can dissipate right away or linger for hours depending on upper-level humidity and winds. These man-made cirrus clouds are most common at high cruising altitudes, but places like Arctic and Antarctic get cold enough that contrails can form at or near ground level.

15. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Trump owns property. He bought it. He maintains it. So what?
    What business is it of yours IF he enjoys it or doesn't?

Are you having a gray matter disconnect?

I do not deny the weather, the climate.....changes!
    I do not deny the weather, the climate.....and results in other things changing.

I do DENY that mankind can SUPERSEDE Gods control OVER the weather, with their pseudo ideas!

I do NOT support Governments implying that collecting the People's Wealth (via taxation) IS a viable means for governments to SUPERSEDE Gods control OVER the weather!

Surely you must be "slightly" aware EVERY Government IDEA, implemented, comes with a BIG price tag of THEIR spending, and then compelling the People to PAY for their said implemented IDEA!

IF you are truly concerned about YOUR property becoming swallowed up by Water....YOU, as a FREE person decide what is a viable OPTION for YOU to commence and PAY for! Sell, Move, Elevate your home, buy a boat, build a bulk head....
    Who cares what you do to take care of your own things...

Just STOP trying to convince me, "I', who do not "own property" on the ocean front, should be LIABLE for your choices, or anyones choices to live on the ocean front and that "I" should be responsible for the potential flooding of their property.

16. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From your rant I can see you do not care for other people, just your own welfare. OK, I understand where you are coming from. I don't agree, but understand.

I see in the beginnin
    g of your post that, knowing you have nothing, you resort to insults ... which means you have lost the debate.

17. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

You and I are different. You promote a Government to "try" and "do" something.

I promote Liberty! The Government IS MY SERVANT, not the other way around.

You promote a Government to TAKE CARE OF YOU, MAKE decisions FOR YOU, DICTATE what you can and can not do, which by default MAKES YOU the servant OF the Government.

I promote a Government as was designed by the Founders.

Their JOB is to SERVE ME, BY PROTECTING "my Liberty". It is NOT their JOB to "squash or oppress" my liberty, via
    pseudo UN-Constitutional laws and restrictions.

In a nutshell ~ you rely on the same Science the Government relies on THAT benefits both Science and the Governments purse strings...... I don't!

In a nutshell ~ you do not do your own homework.....I do.

In a nutshell ~ you WANT the Government to announce an ISSUE, "their" remedy, and you WANT to jump on board according to HOW the Government dictates.....I don't.

It is NOT either OR. Mankind can NOT "save" the Planet! Governments can NOT "save" the Planet.
    For crying out loud, the Planet belongs to God. God has already revealed, He "SHALL" revise the Planet to its original glory!

Isa 65
    [17] For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Rev.21
    [1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Be Patient, Trust, Believe......There will be NO MORE SEAS!

So stop worrying about Ocean (sea) levels rising!

Miners digging coal.....Good grief, they are WORKING, retrieving what God provided, to provide for their families.

So stop worrying about who is using what God PROVIDED for mankind to use!

You take care of YOU and YOURS. You clean your own air, your own water.....or trust the government to do it for you....BUT seriously, put your efforts into discovery of HOW and WHY your government promotes what they do!

WATER....go study FLUORIDE.
    Yes fluoride is found naturally in natural world wide bodies of water.
    Yes fluoride is also found in the by-product (waste) of aluminum manufacturing.

Yes most drinking water (bathing) water is NOT from natural world wide bodies of (mostly salt) water.
    Yes most drinking water has "fluoride" introduced (artificially put) into the drinking (and bathing) water in the US.

Yes, aluminum manufacturers had a dilemma of how to dispose of their by-products.
    Yes, lobbyists representing aluminum manufactures introduced and were successful in implementing through the legislation process, to have fluoride introduced into the US drinking water.

By extraction of fluoride from natural resources? While small amounts, may be introduced into the US water supply, the bulk (nearly 90%), is via aluminum manufacturing by-product.

Drink fluoridated water, brushy brushy with fluoride tooth paste, get your dentist to drench your mouth in fluoride....mmm, mmm, mmm.....good for you! har har

And .... yippie...people BUY water without fluoride....and heed the warning to NOT swallow tooth paste....(good one for 2 year olds)....and never wonder or investigate WHY. :( :( :(

18. Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

The UN's own IPCC has had to revise downward its predictions of ocean-level increases in every report. The worst-case sea level rise by 2100 was revised downward from 3.7 meters in the first IPCC report to 1.2 to in the second, to 0.8 in the third, and to 0.6 in the fourth. The climate alarmists are relying on some very flawed models.

19. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Rant ~ LOL another catch word that is supposed to get a negative reaction from me. It doesn't!

I am NOT passionate about YOUR ideas!

Au contraire, and to point, half truths do not reveal the WHOLE truth.
    I care for other people who care about themselves!

Which is contrary to your view; whereby "A" (liberals, governments) DECIDE "what" is the standard for adequate care, and which "B" (other people ) are not meeting "A's" standards, and then DICTATING "B" should be required to meet "A's" standards, and a wealthy portion of "B" should be compelled to finance such standard!

I would presume YOU "care about the homeless".... How? Do you take them into your home?
    Do you work and give money, food, clothing to shelters, people sleeping under a bridge?
    Do you take them to Doctors, Dentists and PAY out of your pocket for such services?
    Do you dig in your pocket and build them a home?

LOL - or do you promote OTHERS should be compelled by law to dig in their pockets and financially provide for YOUR IDEAS? Which is to say, you support TAKING AWAY an individuals LIBERTY to LIVE their lives in the manner THEY CHOOSE.

Obviously you are blind. Or you would see, Liberty is about taking care and responsibility for oneself. NOT forcing others to adhere to what YOU think they should do!

There is no loss, because there is NO debate.

You LIKE scientists and governments to dictate to you what to think, to believe, to do.
    You would LIKE everyone to rely on scientists and governments to dictate what everyone should think, believe and do.

I don't! I favor Gods promotion of people being free to make their own choices, and reap the benefit, of a favorable or unfavorable consequence for their OWN choices. Praise God, His way is the ONLY RIGHT WAY!

20. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Matt ~
    Come on.
    You think mankind has control over sea-levels?
    You think for the sea-levels to rise or fall is a threat for God's creation?
    Are you completely unaware in years to come, there will be NO seas?
    Enjoy them while they are here!