Trump: U.S. to withdraw from Paris climate pact, calls it 'unfair' for America

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reference please.

In 30 years, the grounds of Mar-a-Lago could be under at least a foot of water for 210 days a year because of tidal flooding along the Intracoastal water way, with the water rising past some of the cottages and bungalows, the analysis by Coastal Risk Consulting found.

3.7 meters converts to 12.139107612 feet.

Check these maps that show the impact of a 7 foot rise in the sea:

San Francisco and Bay Area - Global Warming Sea Level Rise Map

New York and New Jersey - Global Warming Sea Level Rise Map

The Netherlands and UK - Global Warming Sea Level Rise Map

Venice, Italy - Global Warming Sea Level Rise Map

Nile River Delta Egypt - Global Warming Sea Level Rise Map

2. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

So what if it is or isn't?

Seriously, what is YOUR interest in Trumps property?

3. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only as an example of what will be happening all around the world. But, as you do not live on the coast you do not care. But the problems created will become problems for you ... probably not or me as I won't be alive then.

ps It does show how short sighed Trump and deniers are.

In 30 years or less the deniers will be claiming the flooded cities are the governments fault as they did nothing to prevent the flooding.

We’ve had two weeks of worrying news about the melting of Antarctica. The Larsen C and especially the remaining Larsen B ice shelves appear vulnerable to collapse, even as the glaciers of the Southern Antarctic Peninsula region have just been shown to be pouring large volumes of water into the ocean.

This is climate skeptics’ latest argument about melting polar ice — and why it’s wrong

4. Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

IPPC's 2013 report estimated (guessed) that sea rise, "would not exceed several tenths of a meter of sea level rise during the 21st century".

5. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look carefully through the report instead of cherry picking one line and you will see that is not the definitive answer.

6. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Correct. Nor should you care about where I do own property or live or how I take care of issues concerning MY property.

Do tell us what your crystal ball predicts as future problems for me.

Lol ~ that's funny. Do tell, how I have no regard for taking care of my property, or means to take care of any issues that arise now or in the future.

Oh...my, your worry is about the CITIES being flooded.....

Not my worry. I leave that up to the CITY locals who planned cities, below sea level, who planned cities on the waters edge, who chose to live in such cities and who can plan their own measures to curb flooding and pay for it out of their pockets and then ENJOY "their own" city.

Oh....my, your worry is about the BLAME game....
    Not my worry. I've seen city disasters, and the occupants who did nothing to secure their own property, and occupants who did nothing to remove themselves from a temporary flooding situation.....then complain how everyone else should be responsible for their poor decisions....
    YOU run to their aid, if you choose to.
    And the same for others, if they choose to.

However YOU promoting everyone must be compelled to run to their aid, is plain and simple, you advocating the theft of ones Liberty.

7. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is living in the past. Clean energy (solar, wind, tides, underground thermal, natural gas) is about as cheap as coal-fired power plants. Investing in these new, high-tech energy sources would prepare us for the future and move our technology forward. Trump wants us to design a better buggy whip. Once again he lies to the poor coal miners in KY, W VA, etc. This agreement is the same as the one signed by most of the rest of the world.

8. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL are you kidding?

If you think investing in coal is a bad idea,
    and investing in solar, wind, tides, underground thermal, natural gas is a good idea......

Who is stopping you from making such investments and buying or using such products?
    Who is forcing you to use coal?
    And what makes you think other people have to do what you do, or that you have to agree to do what they do?

Invest in what you want, no one cares.......unless you are a Democrat, who endlessly dreams up things that they try to legislate to prohibit people's choices.

9. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I plan to. I am going at 3 this afternoon and hope to fish until at least 3 tomorrow morning. Pro ably go to church smelling like fish.

10. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Likely no problem, since Jesus will be there and is a big promoter of fish! :)

11. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have any idea at all of the present rate of sea level rise? Any at all?

Here. I will do the research for you. The average rate of sea level rise is presently 1.8 mm/yr. Not "maybe." Not "projected." Not "believed." Observed. Proven. By actual measurement. That is 0.07 inch. 7/100 of an inch.

That equates to 7 inches in 100 years. The average distance between floors in a commercial hotel is 15 feet. So, at 7 inches per 100 years, that means it will take over 2500 years for the sea level to reach the 2nd floor of Mar-a-Largo assuming the first floor is at exactly present day sea level, which it is not. In fact the hotel sits on a slight rise of about 40 feet above mean sea level. So add another 6000 years or so to the equation.

So, it will take 8000 years for sea levels to rise sufficiently for President Trump to fish from the 2nd floor windows of Mar-a-Largo.

I really wish you science deniers would learn some simple math.

12. Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

The "several tenths of a meter" sea rise guestimate is on the high side of IPCC's own projections. They put forward that nebulous figure based on "The potential collapse of ice shelves" occurring. I haven't cherry-picked, I have used their own high estimate.

13. Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are an estimated 1200 new coal fired power plants in the planning stage worldwide. That coal is going to come from somewhere.

14. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What is the source for your data?

How old is it?

It does not compute with:

Note, this graph does not display for the 21st century ... too early to do so. But from glacier melt and the melting of the polar ice caps the rise should speed up.

Core samples, tide gauge readings, and, most recently, satellite measurements tell us that over the past century, the Global Mean Sea Level (GMSL) has risen by 4 to 8 inches (10 to 20 centimeters). However, the annual rate of rise over the past 20 years has been 0.13 inches (3.2 millimeters) a year, roughly twice the average speed of the preceding 80 years.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says we can expect the oceans to rise between 11 and 38 inches (28 to 98 centimeters) by 2100, enough to swamp many of the cities along the U.S. East Coast. More dire estimates, including a complete meltdown of the Greenland ice sheet, place sea level rise to 23 feet (7 meters), enough to submerge London.

Sea Level Rise

15. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The IPCC seems to have readjusted their prediction.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says we can expect the oceans to rise between 11 and 38 inches (28 to 98 centimeters) by 2100, enough to swamp many of the cities along the U.S. East Coast. More dire estimates, including a complete meltdown of the Greenland ice sheet, place sea level rise to 23 feet (7 meters), enough to submerge London.

Sea Level Rise

16. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I sincerely hope He does come back and sort out this nonsense before it is too late. Then those who have been bad stewards and the sponsors of bad stewards will doubtless have some explaining to do. But it seems that He has been content thus far to let us commit our own follies: He didn't step in during the two world wars last century including the Holocaust and dropping the A-Bomb plus subsequent genocides, so I'm not sure why you're so convinced that He's going to intervene on the environment; in fact, I think you'll find He's pretty much left that one to us as our responsibility. So don't expect Him to sorry out our mess anytime soon...

17. Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is a major readjustment by the IPCC. Strange.

Regardless of which set of numbers a climate organization decides to go with, the consensus among them seems to be that any rise in oceans must be a result of rising temps, that it must be man made, and that C02 is the culprit!

But there has been very little study looking at natural causes of warming such as changed circulation in the oceans and atmosphere. It would be hard to find any such studies. C02 is only a small part of our atmosphere. Sending trillions of $$ to so-called developing nations such as India seems a very expensive cure for a problem that we may have no control over.

18. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talking about yourself now.

There is plenty of evidence that your preferred sources are lying and you continue to ignore it, preferring to be led around by the nose instead of actually reading what they actually say. The 97% lie is a good example. The writer admits it's less than 50 % and you continue to miss it, preferring the leftist spin instead.

19. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Matt 28
    [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Rom.8
    1. [28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

20. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So, what, you think Trump is hastening the Second Coming by pulling out of Paris and that's therefore a Good Thing?!