Trump: U.S. to withdraw from Paris climate pact, calls it 'unfair' for America

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 1, 2017.

1. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I started in Aerospace Engineering working for a NASA contractor in 1972 on the Space Shuttle and Skylab and then got a MS degree in Operations Research from Stanford. That led to a job with Bell Labs (before) divestiture) which was then considered to be the foremost research lab in the world. I worked in the areas of network design, new service design and strategic planning. I was a systems engineer which involved synthesizing all aspects of a new problem and coming up with a solution. This taught me how to investigate new things and solve problems. I came up with the idea for computerized maps in cars updated via satellites (GPS) in 1978 but our patent rights were signed away to AT&T when we joined the labs unfortunately. I went on to Bellcore, AT&T Labs and AT&T Mobility. The last 10 years of my career I worked on VoIP networks and IP networking.

2. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Current thinking is that we will start with large solar farms with the power saved by batteries. Solar cell efficiency is constantly improving until the cost is about the same as power from coal fired power plants The challenge now is to improve batteries. That's actually the major objective of Elon Musk of Tesla not electric cars.

Tesla’s solar panel roof: solar glass tiles are the new solar shingles
    Tesla's Solar Roof 2017: Solar Shingles Reimagined | EnergySage

If you’ve found it difficult to stay up to date on the future of Tesla Motors and SolarCity in recent weeks, you are not alone. Numerous industries (solar, electric vehicles, and ridesharing, to name a few) worldwide are starting to feel the impact of a merger that could significantly alter growth plans for manufacturers and executives across the globe. Now the concept of an integrated solar glass shingle – the Tesla solar tile – is on everyone’s mind.

We had already heard about Tesla’s plans for total clean energy integration – a one step carbon reduction process that involves pairing solar panels with your Tesla electric vehicle. Now for the latest: thanks to a surprise appearance of Chairman Elon Musk in SolarCity’s 2nd quarter earnings call that lead to a highly anticipated Tesla solar roofing product launch at the end of October, we’ve now seen the future of PV roofing and the future of Tesla. One thing is certain: building integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) are going to be a part of Tesla Motors – or should we say Tesla Energy’s – future.

3. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the education in the world can't create one iota of common sense.

4. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are you seriously asserting that if murder were legalised tomorrow, the murder rate would stay the same?

Seriously??!

5. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My point is; A written Statue can not stop crime.
    BTW ~ My posts do not stand as a promotion against your profession in any way, shape or form.
    My son is an Arson Investigator in one of the largest cities in America.
    That notifies you, he earned his Badge as a firefighter and earned his Badge as a police officer....
    So, I am very familiar with the danger and concern involved with such professions and I do hold such professions in high regard.

6. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL Seriously Matt?

You are attempting to dump your words on me, and then challenge them?

Get a clue. I said no such thing!

7. Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

8. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So clarify your position then: does the fact that murder is illegal have an effect on the murder rate - yes or no?

9. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.