1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does the Catholic Church say about us who believe in salvation by faith alone?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by annsni, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Clear?

James 2

24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

I couldn't author anything myself to make the faith alone position look more stupid. The only place it says FAITH ALONE in the bible is to tell you ITS NOT FAITH ALONE.

Do you believe Dead Bodies exists? Like maybe in a cemetery or morgue?

James 2
    26For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

BODY = FAITH

SPIRIT = WORKS

Faith alone is a DEAD BODY.

The entire chapter is entirely geared towards the blunderous stupidity of "faith alone". James even calls it stupid! And he is laying out the exact same we're saying,

SATAN has faith, Devils believe too! that doesn't save them.

James 2

19You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. 20But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

Who is this stupid foolish fellow James is talking about? I bet only one of us thinks this foolish fellow exists.

faith without works is useless< That is the HOLY WORD OF GOD.

Please by all means exegete FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS USELESS.

James 2 Because of this scripture, I believe in God.
    Because there is NO WAY anyone can get this wrong unless they have been divinely struck stupid.

I've often asked yeah please read it to me, give me your version of the WHOLE Chapter. They always chicken out and don't deliver they know its stupid too.

The only thing holding it up the pride of being right rather then being right maybe with a sprinkle of peer pressure.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you feel Christ is not enough for you and that you can work your way into God's favor, then that's a decision you have to make.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would say that Trent declared that ALL like me who disagree with the False Gosel of Rome and hold to the true Gospel will be damned!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Church of Rome officially went Apostate at Council of Rome!

5. utilyan

Site Supporter

You are the one that says Christ is not enough, because LOVING GOD is work.

We love Jesus. FOR FREE. I don't expect nor want heaven for loving Jesus. We give that for free.

We don't look at GOD's COMMAND in a SELFISH MANNER and ponder, well what is this going to do this for me?

You can pick one, LOVE GOD or FAITH IN GOD. We love God. You just worship "salvation" and don't mind hating God to get what you want.

Love God is commandment, Love Neighbor is a Commandment, Faith Alone is not a commandment.

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

Give us a Date. So we can show you the church still taught what it teaches years before.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post. Well articulated.

8. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure which is worse: Your dishonesty, your ignorance of our religion, or your terrible logical fallacies.

In any event, as the Bible tells us not to argue with a fool according to his folly, this is where I get off this merry-go-round.

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you got this much of it right, I couldn't agree more. I don't agree with the rest of your post. The atonement covers ALL sin(s), forever:

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Heb 10

..... and the heart that has the law written upon it fulfills the law, naturally.

13 for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:
    14 (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves;
    15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them); Ro 2

12 So then, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
    13 for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure. Phil 2

The circumcised heart from which comes these good works is given to His children from 'grace alone', or, 'Christ alone', and has NOTHING to do with their 'faith alone'. In fact, their faith is a product of the circumcised heart.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

See John I wouldn't insult you over your ignorance, Is that the kind of Christ-like attitude I'm missing out on for not joining your camp?

I'm telling you look at that word faith man, It has nothing to do with allegiance with God.

If when you say FAITH ALONE thats not the same as FAITH + LOYALTY, or FAITH+LOVE.

Now if you were to tell me HOLD ON BROTHER!,,, when I say "faith alone" packaged inside there is a allegiance, loyalty, love of God. Then we got something going.

This has been argued for hundreds of years. Why is so off putting about having an obedience to God?

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bible teaches to us that a sinner is made right by the death of Jesus on the Cross, period, and that faith alone in Him accesses that saving grace!

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Council codified for all time her Apostasy, as Rome was given chance to reform,but refused, and thus now condemned as a church!

13. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Condemned by who? Heretics? Now that has me shaking in my boots!

14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible teaches many things about salvation. Faith, Baptism, good works. We reap what we sow, remember?

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, condemned by the father Son and Holy Spirit, and once they decide that you are heretical in theology...

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    teaches us mainly that Rome has a wrong Gospel message!

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

Give us a date or it never happened.

18. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is the wrong Gospel message of which you speak? The Catholic Church teaches salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, so much so that that is the main reason why the Mass even exists. I didn't see that action the last time I went to a non-denominational worship service.

19. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh I see, and you have somehow been given a special insight by the Holy Trinity that has allowed you to come up with that conclusion? Yeah, right.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whenever the Council of trent was held!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.