1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Has A Mental Illness???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The point of the example given in Hezekiah's case, a physical ailment healed with medicine is to lead into other situations of the time.
    All cases of epilepsy from that time throughout the time of Christ and the Apostles were considered as demon possession. Even if they weren't healed they were considered demon possessed. It obviously was a wrong diagnosis. Now the occasional one was caused be demon possession, just as other occasional infirmities were caused by demon possession, but not the majority of any one infirmity.
    Perhaps the man running naked in Garden of the Gadarenes had schizophrenia. Jesus cast the demons out of him and he sat clothed and in his right mind. But today the experts would have said that he was a classic example of a schizophrenic. Jesus cast the demons (more than one) out of him. Would you be willing to do that kind of spiritual warfare? Just confessing sin is not good enough to engage battle with demons. What would be your remedy there? Or you just wouldn't show compassion on such an individual?

All your "remedies" point to the saved only. You have no answer for the unsaved for whom Jesus had great compassion. And "leading them to Christ" is not always the answer. The problem of their condition, what is causing the sin problem must be dealt with first. Sometimes it may be demon possession, but often it is masked by something different.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The only cure for sin is confession and forsaking, not masking the sin with a drug.
    Watch the videos;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XohpN2iZTUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcuhhJ1BaMk

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

A demon possessed person is lost so the correlation is of no value. No Christian can be possessed. For the believer the only cure for sin is confession and forsaking. For the lost it is repentance and faith. Drugs mask sin, while God’s way overcomes sin, confession and forsaking is God’s way, not drugs.
    Watch the videos;

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Just so we are both understanding the full meaning of your statement, what Scripture do you propose to post to back up that statement?

Be certain and sure that the Scripture you post states that sin is "cured" by confession and forsaking.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
    1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Proverbs states that confession of sin will bring mercy.

What Scriptures states that a cure is found in confession and/or forsaking?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Duh! That is what I said!
    Conclusion: FAL has no compassion for the lost.
    Jesus had compassion for the lost. Jesus healed the man demon-possessed in the Gadarenes. FAL has no solution. He is callous, doesn't care, cruel, heartless to these people, and couldn't care less if they go to hell. He has not remedy for their condition. He cares even less about the Great Commission. This is the answer you give to me, correct? But Jesus had compassion unlike FAL
    I am not interested in your videos. I am interested in your cruel-hearted methods of dealing with the unsaved.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
    For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
    Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
    envy, [fn] drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
    Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
    Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.

Confess and forsake is what overcomes sin, not drugs.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Your personal attack and slander has been reported.

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not even a single verse you posted even hints that "confession and forsaking is the only cure for sin.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is no personal attack. I simply draw a conclusion from the facts you give. You fail to deal with facts. You don't care about the lost. You don't deal with the Great Commission. Not once have you addressed the problems: mental or otherwise, of the lost. What is the matter with you? You just don't care??

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Is there a single verse that says repentance and faith is the only way to salvation? God has given the only way some just refuse to believe it and seek to cover their sin instead of confessing and forsaking it.

Watch the videos;

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No it was a personal attack and slander and it has been reported as has this personal attack and slander along with post also.

#31 freeatlast, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are still avoiding the questions I asked you.
    No doubt I will never get an answer.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

14. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If I were to say these same sort of things about Calvinists on this board I would have already been slapped with an infraction and some points. I think you go to far and are using your bully pulpit.

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You pick on and insult and accuse others repeatedly, and someone draws an obvious conclusion (which many apparently have) about you and you start whining?!

Your self-decieved, self-righteousness is epic.

You need to repent and also apologise to those here whom you've done to what now you claim is offensive to you.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You have been reported for personal attacks and slander.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Whatever. I ask a question, a bit descriptively, but the question isn't answered. It is avoided: again, and again.

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I am tired of the whining, too. Get a life folks. If you post xyz about yourself, you have to be open to criticism.

This isn't nursery school

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Then perhaps I missed it because I always try and answer. What was the question?

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have not remedy for the unsaved do you. If you do please explain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.