1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Has A Mental Illness???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There is only one remedy to get saved;
    Repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and I told you that before so I did answer you.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Great...thanks Bob. From now on I know the I can use the following words and phrases in my discussions with Calvinists. Please make note of this and be sure to tell the Calvinists that they are whining and that it isn't nursery school.

callous
    cruel
    heartless
    couldn't care less if they go to hell
    cruel-hearted methods of dealing with the unsaved

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have answered that already.
    As Jesus did: Before a person came to Christ he had to be delivered by demons. The same situation exists today, in some cases. Are you willing to do that kind of warfare with Satan? If not, then you don't have the answer do you?

Secondly, all epilepsy was attributed to demon possession back then, but we know that it was a wrong diagnosis. Sometimes the person's affliction has to be dealt with before approaching him with the gospel. What is your approach then?

Suppose the demon possessed person in the Gadarenes was a schizophrenic how would you deal with him? It is your choice. Cast the demon out of him, or treat the illness first. Confession of sin won't work. The illness must be treated first as Jesus did

Jesus dealt with afflictions first, then he dealt with spiritual problems.
    Your only solution is confession of sin. I don't find that in the Bible. In fact the very opposite is true. Deal with the affliction first so that a sound mind can comprehend the gospel.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Any person who doesn't care about the Great Commission or the salvation of souls fits those adjectives. So what is your problem?

5. matt wade

I don't have a problem now that you and Bob have educated me. Just remember (and let the other mods know) that using these words and phrases about Calvinists (and any other BB member) is perfectly acceptable now.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said that.
    What I did say is those that don't care about the salvation of souls fit that description. It has nothing to do with the Cal/Arm. debate. Why are dragging that debate into here. Post to the OP please.

7. matt wade

You've used those words and phrases about another member on this BB. Bob has told me to not whine about the use of those words and phrases.

So, given that a moderator uses the words and phrases and an administrator tells us to not whine about the use of those words and phrases, then it must be completely acceptable to do so. I will now place those words and phrases into my common vocabulary to be used on this board.

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great words I have read that the Arminian group uses attempting to demean their opposition, too.

When Biblical answers are not found or rejected, both sides have a tendency to use such phrases and words.

Half the preachers in the world wouldn't recognize a sermon as being great without the use of these words and phrases - and the frothier the better.

Slam that Bible on the pulpit and be sure the spit covers the first row or two of seats. Throw in turning the microphone up, and even slinging it around while great gestures help to prove the point. Just to make certain it sticks to the hearer, use barnyard language, jump on the furniture, and work up a good sweat. That way no one will be able to leave saying it wasn't a great sermon.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The spiritual problem of a lost person is their need for salvation. If they will come to repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus they get saved.
    What comes next is to deal with their sin and that takes confessing and forsaking, not drugs

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On second thought, maybe this IS nursery school. My goodness, folks. :BangHead:

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

To quote you, ":laugh::laugh::laugh:".

12. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just don't call anyone a clown. I got pinched for that one.:smilewinkgrin:

13. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Hey, Dr. Bob, sometimes the teacher comes and sits down to play with the kiddos. Why don't you join, too? It's better than banging your head. :)

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are naive to think that such is true. If you even thought through part of my post you would see that is not the case. A demon possessed person cannot be saved until the demon is cast out first. Are you willing to do spiritual warfare with Satan in order to reach the lost if need be? Are you willing to find out the real cause of the "schizophrenic" (demon possession) as in the case of the demoniac in the Gadarenes before you simply give your standard copy and paste answer.
    Are you willing to look at the Scriptures and see how Jesus healed and go by his example?

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If being "schizophrenic is demon possessed as you claim are you saying that the bible prescribes drugs for someone with a demon because that is how it is being treated today?

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You haven't been reading very closely.
    1. ALL epilepsy used to be diagnosed as demonic. We now know that is not the case. Is it possible that the rare case may be caused by demons. Possibly. That is true for almost any affliction. Read your Bible and see. How many different afflictions were caused by demons?
    2. The demoniac at the Gadarenes, if diagnosed today, would be a schizophrenic. But we know that not all schizophrenics are not demon-possessed. Some of them may be. How are you going to develop the discernment as to which are and which are not. And if you can get that far in your spiritual life, how are you going to deal with the ones that are demon-possessed, if indeed you are willing to fight that extreme spiritual warfare?
    3. If some schizophrenia is caused by outside sources like demons, is it not reasonable to conclude that other schizophrenia may be caused by other sources unrelated to simple spiritual problems with a simple solution of confession of sin?
    4. Either way, you have the problem of dealing with the illness before you can lead the person to Christ. That is what Christ did. He cast the demon out, cured the illness, and then the man was sitting in his right mind. At that point he was able to understand who Christ was and was able to praise him for what he did--not before.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Demon possession is not an illness. It is a spiritual condition. The bible never calls demon possession schizophrenia and any suggestion it is, is false. Either schizophrenia is an illness or it is demon possession, not both. So in this case either you or who ever is saying it can be both is wrong. Pick one or the other.

Now what would I do if I came into contact with someone demon possessed? There is no instructions in scripture for casting them out. The only ones who ever did this was the Lord and His disciples so any suggestion that this can be done effortless is unwise.

So as far as me I would simply call on the Lord and let Him do the exorcism. If that did not work then the person would still have a demon and be in their sins.
    If the demon came out then I would offer them the gospel but never would I point them to drugs as that goes against everything that we do have in scripture.
    By the way here is a link to a site that explains the difference between demon possession and schizophrenia based on mental health rules.
    http://mentalillnesspolicy.org/coping/demonic-possession-mental-illness.html

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Demon possession is a "spiritual condition" among the unsaved. A Christian cannot be possessed by demons. "Greater is he that is in you then he that is in the world." Demon possession often (but not always manifests itself in the illness of different individuals--epilepsy, schizophrenia, etc.) These diseases in the Bible were have said to have been caused by demon possession, and in some cases were.

Previously I gave you a website that listed many physical illnesses caused by stress. Stress is one factor. But it can cause a host of illnesses even s heart condition.
    Now I give you demon possession. It is one factor but can cause a host of physical ailments among the unsaved.

You must be able to differentiate between the cause and the symptom. By treating the symptom (schizophrenia), you have done nothing for the root of the problem.
    This suggestion is both not true and not wise. It is cowardly. It is saying I am not willing to do battle with Satan.
    And where would this person turn to for help? He would still be in his sins. And someday his blood will be upon your hands because you refused to help him, or were too cowardly to go up against demonic forces that he could be delivered in order to trust Christ.
    BTW, the word "exorcism" is not found in the Bible. If you think along those ideas it is probably safe to assume that you watch too much TV.
    The author of the site is confused himself. Although he has some things right, he is confused on others. Not everything he says is true.

19. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WoF Gaarbagge

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The discombobulated and addled postulations of Fal present no viable resolution to the problematic predicament for those individuals with varied and sundry emotional disorders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.