1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ye reject salvation by grace !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Whom are you adressing?

I responded to 'savedbymercy'.

I don't say anything about your 'position' or 'understanding' of election; I am talking about SBM's conception of Calvinism.

#21 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now he's calling your requirement to have a Supralapsarian view of salvation in order to be saved nonsense. Did the theif on the cross have TULIP worked out or did he just trust Jesus?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I am witnessing to Salvation by Grace Rom 11:5-6

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by[Election of] grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

You cannot sperate Salvation by Grace from the Election of Grace, I do not care what you think or say, I have scripture for my evidence !

4. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Its fine that you believe in Grace and Election but if someone is Elect and doesn't hold to your Supralapsarian view it really doesn't matter because they are still Elect and their salvation is assured. So why make the big fuss?

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

One of the fundamental Truth's of Christianity is Salvation by Grace !

Well until they believe the Gospel, there is no basis for fellowship or calling one saved. Why call someone a christian when they reject salvation by Grace ?

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forgive me, I was addressing the so called savedbymercy who ought to change his screen name to savedbycalvinism.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No, see what it is, You have called Salvation by Grace calvinism, that is on you ! You should be paying attention to the scripture I have witnessed to !

8. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am bowing out of this. If this is the position of all Calvinists, and I suspect that it isn't the position of most calvinists, then we will never be able to bridge the gap between our 2 positions.

9. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes but an infralapsarian holds to grace just as well as a Supralapsarian. And even an Arminian holds to the doctrine of Grace. So why the big hubbub about supralpsarian view?

First of all the gospel is contained in the 4 Gospels meaning the good news. The good news is simple: Jesus came and died for our sins and restored us to a right relationship with God for those who believe in Jesus. Not only this but Jesus conqured not only sin but also death and we have the hope of eternal life and our own resurrection from the dead. There is nothing in that statement spelling out Tulip, Irresistable Grace, Unconditional Election, the perserverance of the Saints, limited attonement, or Total depravity. But it does require faith in Jesus total sufficiency. So what's the beef?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Most definitely!
    For starters you have put two Scriptures unrelated to each other together to form your twisted doctrine. That is one mistake.
    Your well known bias in believing that salvation is not of faith is revealed in quoting Acts 15:11 instead of Rom.5:1 or Rom.4:3 or Eph.2:8,9, Scriptures which you have a hard time with.
    They are all saved by grace through faith not of works.
    Note well that faith is not a work. Rom.4:3-5 confirms that.
    I am sorry you reject Biblical truth. The clearly stated truth of the word of God cannot be so plain as to say:

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You just said you reject salvation by grace through faith. You believe in heresy. You deny the Word of God outright.

And yet that is what you do with the gospel--water it down and rationalize it away!
    Man is saved by putting his faith in the shed blood of Christ. There is no other way!!
    You have rejected the truths of Eph.2:8,9 as well as hundreds of other passages of Scripture in the Bible.
    Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God.

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

As I said, you draw an unrecognizable caricature of Calvinism; simply, a FALSE presentment.

The skew and icy features of your figuration could be shoved into better shape …

The Truth of Unconditional Election is, that
    God from eternity out of unmerited mercy and undeserved love
    had chosen only a portion or small rest
    out of fallen, sinful, lost, mankind, for salvation;
    and purposely had decreed from all eternity
    that the gross of sinful mankind shall in their unprovoked, uncontrolled and uncontrollable sin,
    be hardened and damned to the Glory of His Justice, Sovereignty, Order of Purpose and Council of Grace.
    “Ye are saved by grace through faith— it [salvation, grace, faith] is the gift of God.” Yes, the gift of God by Christ, through Christ, in Christ and for the sake of Christ, “unto us”.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    TULIP

T: Unregenerate man --- Total depravity

U: God --- Unconditional election

L: Christ --- Limited atonement

I: Holy Spirit --- Irresistible Grace

P: Regenerate man --- Perseverance of the saints.

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we are saying that one is saved by the atonement of Christ upon the Cross the propiation required by god for sin, but hat we MUST have faith in him and that work in order to be the Elect of/by god!

its NOT if we hold to calvinism/arminians views, but if we have received by faith jesus and been saved by the Grace of God!

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You can talk all you want, if you reject salvation by being one of the Election of Grace Rom 11:5-6, then you deny Salvation by Grace ! You cannot seperate Grace from Election of Grace !

You actually deny this. Do you believe the Atonement of Christ alone saved all for whom it was for ? I do, what say you ?

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

If you reject salvation by one being of the Election of Grace Rom 11:5-6, then you reject a basic fundamental Gospel Truth of Salvation by Grace !

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

tom

I do not blame you tom, the Truth prevails !

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its the BASIS of my sdalvations, the means that allows God to justify the ungodly, BUT for Him to declare me a saint, still MUST have faith in jesus and that Work to be saved!

Were you saved by God BEFORE you trusted in christ as your saviour and Lord?

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

They are very related, Just because you say they are not means nothing here !

Peter says it correctly right here ! Acts 15:11; And if you reject Salvation by Being of the Election of Grace Rom 11:5-6, you also reject Salvation by grace through Faith, not of works !

Where did I say that ? Please provide the quote or admit your dishonesty !

Thats is a False Gospel of works. Men are saved by the Shed Blood of Christ PERIOD !

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The sacrifice of Christ is a free gift of God. It must be received by faith. Otherwise it does no good. Christ shed his blood in vain if it is not received by faith. If you have not received this precious gift by faith, there is no way that you can be saved.

You have refused to give your testimony on this board.
    How did you come to Christ?
    Are you saved? If so how?

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Who denied that ? I stated that The Death of Christ saves PERIOD ! Now it appears you deny that !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.