1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ye reject salvation by grace !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

DHK,

Why do you not tell us how you know you are saved.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

This thread is not about me ! I am witnessing of the Grace of God in Salvation, not about me !

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This thread is about rejecting salvation by grace. You said you are a witness of the grace of God in salvation. You have made a bold statement without evidence. Provide the evidence that you are a witness of the grace of God in salvation by providing your testimony. How were you saved? How did God work in your life to bring you to salvation?

Don't deflect this by throwing it back on me. I have given my testimony many times on this board. Now we would like to hear yours.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree! And I asked for a testimony from SBM as well and he has refused. Enough of this heresey of "believe in TULIP or you are lost". THis looks like trolling. Coming to a board to cause division among Christians. Declaring we are not saved without an embrace of TULIP is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost's witness within us.

I say your time is up SBM and you are called to give an account of how you came to Christ.

Second, I call for this rhetoric from you on this subject of calling another's salvation false to be stopped.

Something is wrong with a professing Christian refusing to give their testimony. Very wrong!

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Thats right it is not about me. If anyone rejects that Salvation is by being of the Election of Grace withut works Rom 11:5-6, then they reject salvation by grace through Faith , not of works Eph 2:8-9 !

Now deal with the scripture !

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sedition is sin and is not from the Spirit of Christ.....

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal5:19-21)

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have many times.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

How did it appear to you?
    How were you saved?

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

This thread is not about me ! Its about Salvation by Grace. If a person rejects The Election of Grace Rom 11:5-6, then they reject salvation by Grace through Faith, not of works ! Eph 2:8-9

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This thread is about every member on this board, and especially you.
    Salvation is by grace.
    Salvation is by grace through faith
    Salvation is by grace through faith and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God not of works.

With your emphasis on grace to the exclusion of faith you have come up with a religion based on works. You define "faith" as a work. That is why you exclude it and emphasize grace. You have a wrong concept and definition of faith.

The truth is, one cannot be saved without faith. Salvation is by faith and faith alone. When you exclude faith you have excluded salvation.

All who are saved by faith can easily give a testimony how by faith in Christ they were saved. You claim you are a witness to the Truth, but you cannot give any personal witness to the Truth. What is your personal witness of the Truth. Back up your claim. Give evidence of what you posted. This is a debate forum. You posted that you are a witness of the Truth. Now provide evidence of that; personal evidence, evidence that all can see that you are saved.

You posted "examine yourself."
    Have you done that for yourself. Give evidence. How has TULIP changed your life?

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think there is one thing that had it not taken place would have caused the sacrifice to be vain and the faith to be void. And will also be the answer to:
    Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

How did it appear to you?
    Or when did it appear?

1C15:16,17 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith vain; ye are yet in your sins.
    A13:30 But God raised him from the dead: Gal1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead.)

Maybe the sacrifice and the faith are the same thing and the grace following that was the resurrection from the dead.

Rom 8:10 For this the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Assuming we are saved by the New Covenant of God.
    Do you see anything in the above that we do, or have to have other than what God puts in us?

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new covenant, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through the faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

If that is what you want to be, that is on you, but I did not start it about me or you, I started it to witness the Truth about Salvation by grace through Faith. Now, if anyone rejects that one has to be of the Election of Grace to be saved as Per Rom 11:5-6

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace [election], then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

That is the same exact teaching as Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

They are the same thing ! Just because the word election is not there this time, does not change anything !

To be saved by Grace through Faith and not of works, requires to be of the Election of Grace !

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God commands one to believe/place faith in jesus to be saved by him...

is He mistaken/confused?

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No Christ is not mistken, you are ! You teach Salvation by works, by keeping God's Commandments !

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the father says believe in the One i sent
    jesus said believe in me
    Holy Spirit witnesses to jesus
    Paul says believe in Jesus and be saved

The witnesses have all spoken, and faith is required here to get saved by God!

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You teach Works salvation, which is condemned by God !

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, i am JUST saying same thing all of those listed said...

Are we ALL wrong in this?

18. mandym

mandym New Member

Can one of the moderators tell me why threads like this and even posts like this are allowed?

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You teach salvation by works, its just that simple. You teach that man must do something to get saved !

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    SBM is guilty of sedition and heresey, he has had ample time to repent after having his pov destroyed by sound biblical arguments over and over. I'm no prophet, but I see his time here coming to an end very shortly. Then he can troll somewhere else. Not sure why this board has tolerated him this long, but I trust they will do the right thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.