1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ye reject salvation by grace !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do speak out of both sides of your mouth?
    This is what was said:
    And you declared that statement false.
    I simply re-worded the same belief, and now you say: "Who denied that?"
    You did!
    The sacrifice of Christ; his shed blood saves us. We must accept that free gift by faith otherwise it is not efficacious. It is a sacrifice all in vain. Thus faith is necessary.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

That is false ! A Man is saved by Grace, the Blood of Christ alone !

Acts 15:11

11But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You teach works. Putting, what is that ? That is an act of man.

Where do you see in any of the above quotes that man is saved by putting his faith in Christ ? That foolishness does not exist anywhere in the bible !

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you are one of God's elect it is certainly about you. Again, did you understand and embrace TULIP before you converted to the gospel?

So you are saying that the unconverted must first understand TULIP in order to be saved. If not, then what do they have to understand?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In the very verse that you deny:

8For by grace are ye saved through faith;

"through faith"
    It is there. You don't believe it.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Don't worry about me, that is none of your business. You deal with the Truth of scripture I am witnessing to !

I am saying a man must believe the Gospel which Tulip Truth is a part of before they give evidence of salvation !

You believe a man becomes a believer before they believe the Gospel ?

And yes, there must be a foundational understanding of the Gospel to believe it. That is seen here Matt 13:23

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I believe Eph 2:8-9, but you don't ! If you do not believe Rom 11:5-6 is the same thing ! Salvation by grace through Faith is salvation by being of the Election of Grace !

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Because Rom.11:6 doesn't include the word "faith" is your excuse to dump the rest of the NT that does say that salvation is by faith.
    You have a sad case--a very unbiblical one.
    Unless you are saved by faith you are not saved at all.
    How were you saved?

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You can call it whatever case you want, Rom 11:5-6 and Eph 2:8-9 are the same. If you reject that one must be of the Election of grace to be saved by grace through Faith, then you reject Eph 2:8=9 ! Simple as that !

9. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is no scripture that states one must understand the fullness of the gospel to beleive in the Gospel - that is your imagination.

However, that is exactly what you are implying and thus attacking the salvation experience of all who did not understand the fullness of the gospel as it is spelled out in the scriptures.

Your position is silly! You don't even understand the fullness of the gospel this minute. You understood a lot less when you were converted to the gospel. Many who were saved that are now five pointers were saved under those who simply preached sin and the simple truth of justification by faith.

I take this as an admission that one must only believe that part which pertains to the gospel to be saved and not any other part or why else would you say "the Gospel which Tulip truth is A PART OF"???

No! A believer by Biblical definition is one whose faith is in the gospel.

However, that "foundational understanding" is nowhere defined as TULIP! Nowhere does the Bible require unbelievers to understand and embrace TULIP before they can be saved. That is absurd and UNTRUE in regard to your own experience I would be willing to bet. IF your own experience cannot match what you are demanding THEOLOGICALLLY aren't you being a hypocrit in demanding it of others????

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

bib

Where did I say that ? Please point out that statement ?

11. mandym

mandym New Member

Which is exactly what I did.

So you do not want to go on record with a clear statement so you use a personal attack?

Then I wonder why you cannot answer in a simple way yes or no? I asked for clarification because I do not want to assume the worst about you. It is better to give you a chance to reword something rather than raise an accusation that you are calling more than half the people who attend this board lost. So rather than give an humble and simple answer you become hostile. This only works to confirm my suspicion. And is usual for Calvinists.

#51 mandym, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

mandy

How is that a personal attack ? You are the one asking for clarafication when everyone else who commented did not ! I am not giving anymore clarafication to you, either deal with what I have stated or leave it alone !

13. mandym

mandym New Member

You do not want answer the question so you deflect by suggesting it over my head.

This is false as we can see in this post: http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1832259&postcount=7

The we can safely assume you are calling many people on this board lost. Which is ungodly, unnecessary, and against the board rules.

#53 mandym, Apr 16, 2012
  14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

mandy

I am not answering not one of your questions until you show me word by word you understand the OP !

15. mandym

mandym New Member

#55 mandym, Apr 16, 2012
  16. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth has prevailed, I just wish you had some knowledge of it. You have repeatedly questioned our belief in the Scripture by questioning that non-Calvinists believe Ephesians 2:8-9. You have consistently intimated that we are without hope.

I have reported this thread. MandyM has now reported this thread. At the very least maybe a moderator can contact me with the reasoning why nothing has been said.

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

tom

Yep it sure has ! And I shall witness of it until Jesus comes or I die first !

I am witnessing to the Truth, examine your own faith in light of it. I have shown that Salvation by Grace through Faith, not of works Eph 2:8-9, is the Same as Being of the Election of Grace not of works Rom 11:5-6 ! I can not help it if that offends you or makes you uncomfortable. One cannot say I am saved by Grace through Faith and deny that Salvation by Grace through Faith means being of the Election of Grace !

You are the one bringing up calvinist and non calvinist, I have been quoting scripture !

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are not a witness to the truth, and you won't examine your own faith.
    In the light of Scripture all your arguments are easily defeated in just this one area--the witness to Truth, and the examination of your faith.

The Bible is not a sterile book as you treat it.
    If you are a witness to the Truth, then give that witness. How has the Word of God been effective in your life to bring you to Christ?
    Examine your faith in the light of the Word.
    Tell us all how you came to Christ, how you put your faith in Him, or how you know for sure that you are one of the elect. Do you have that assurance? If so how? That is how one is a witness to the Truth.

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I am witnessing the Truth !

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then give that witness--a personal witness to the Truth. Are you saved?
    Tell us about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.