1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 3rdAngel, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    So you are wanting to change the subject again brother? I can understand why I guess. Why don't you make a thread on this. Send me a link. I will be happy to discuss it with you. This OP is about COLOSSIANS 2:16 do you have anything to share? I guess not. Seems everyone wants to talk about anything else here except the OP.

2. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Amazing, a whole thread where no one wishes to share scripture discussing the OP of COLOSSIANS 2:16. Something to think about I guess. Where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? If there is none who are we following? The teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Something to think about.

3. mailmandan

mailmandan Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More SDA propaganda. :rolleyes: I am not confused by your false religion which does not offer facts and evidence or the truth, but scripture twisting, trickery, deceit and propaganda in shady lawyer fashion. You are not fooling me or my brothers and sisters in Christ on the Baptistboard with your false doctrine that ultimately leads to a perverted gospel of salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works." (Galatians 1:6-9; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4)

Former Seventh-day Adventist Pastor Exposes the Lies & Intentional Deceits of Ellen White & the SDA

Brother Anderson (a former SDA) points out how "Adventists have Institutionalized Deception." - Bible Truth Versus Adventist Truth - Dangers of Seventh-day Adventism

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;Colossians 2:14 (KJV 1900)

He has destroyed what was against us, a certificate of indebtedness expressed in decrees opposed to us. He has taken it away by nailing it to the cross.Colossians 2:14 (NET)

Therefore do not let anyone judge you with respect to food or drink, or in the matter of a feast, new moon, or Sabbath days—Colossians 2:16 (NET)

when he nullified in his flesh the law of commandments in decrees. He did this to create in himself one new man out of two, thus making peace,Ephesians 2:15 (NET)

So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you could be joined to another, to the one who was raised from the dead, to bear fruit to God.Romans 7:4 (NET)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Welcome the man who follows the word of website over the Word of God. Yet another one seeking to discuss anything else except the Word of God and the OP? Amazing. Now maybe you can tell us from your websites; Where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?
    If you cannot you know Dan your only denying God's Word in order to follow your traditions because you work on the Sabbath. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of sin. All those continue in known unrepentant sin do not enter into the kingdom of heaven because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23 and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing *HEBREWS 10:26-39. You spreading lies in order to deny God's Word and ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

#145 3rdAngel, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  6. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Already adderssed in the OP. You did not read it did you. COMMANDMENTS in ORDINANCES (v14 dogma; ecclesiastical and ceremonial laws) from the SHADOW LAWS of the MOSIAC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 that point to JESUS and Gods plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT and not God's 10 commandments that give us a "KNOWLEDGE" of what sin is in the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. This is addressed in the OP you did not read in posts 2-6. Go and read it and let's talk. "CONTEXT" matters!

Ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear.

7. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
  8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist

“Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the Lord your God.” Leviticus 18:4 (KJV 1900)

“Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;” Colossians 2:14 (KJV 1900)

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I posted scripture interpreting it and you gave a smiling face response.

10. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ

Nope, do you know what the GREEK word for "ORDINANCE" means in COLOSSIANS 2:16. Go look it up and than let's talk.

11. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul was writing about actual Sabbaths, not "shadows". Your SDA trash doesn't prove otherwise.

OF COURSE "Sunday" isn't in Scripture. it's an ENGLISH noun that wasn't coined til the early 1200s AD. English didn't exist when Scripture was being written. But it's still "the 1st day of the week".

So, you say we need to keep ALL the law? Paul wrote, on authority from GOD, that if you keep one part, such as circumcision, you must keep ALL of it, without one error. Do YOU do that? I doubt it. And you cited Gal. 5;6, which says circumcicion avails nothing, in Jesus. That, of course, means other parts of the ceremonial law. (Acts against other people are, of course, always sins.)

And you don't understand the "spirit" of the law because of your cultic indoctrination. Lemme make a human analogy:

In 1970, I eas DCd from the Navy. At that time, the draft laws were still "on the boox". I was then a male over age18, but under 26. But that set of laws no longer applied to me, as I had served in the military. Same for the ceremonial laws of God still "on the boox". with faith & summission to JESUS, they don't apply to us. Paul made that clear, BY GOD'S AUTHORITY.

I don't judge you in error for worshipping on Saturdays, but you judge me in werror for worshipping on Sundays. But you have no authority over me, so judge away; I don't care. I'll never believe your Seven-Day-Adlibber garbage, your KJVO myth, nor any of the other jive you've been presenting.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  12. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Indeed because it only show you did not read any of the OP did you Dave or you would not have posted what you did. Only sent in love brother. You did not read the OP did you yet your trying to comment on something you did not read.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thing is, your scenario aint gonna happen.

14. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    These are simply your words brother denying Gods'. If what your presenting is true than prove it from the scriptures and address the OP that shows you why you are in error. CONTEXT matters and you have provided none.

15. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    There is nothing hidden that shall not been revealed come judgment day. Time will tell but it seems to be running out for many who do not hear His Voice.

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word) and follow him. Those who do not hear do not follow.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the laws are still "on the boox", but the ceremonial ones are inactive.

17. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    According to God's WORD (not mine) God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) in the "NEW COVENANT" give us the "KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL"; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 and according to God's WORD (not mine) if we break any one of God's 10 commandments in the "NEW COVENANT" we stand guilty before God is sin *JAMES 2:9-10. Now God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *EXODUS 20:8-11. Where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment has been "ABOLISHED" and we are now commanded to keep SUNDAY as a "HOLY DAY? If you have no scripture does this not worry you? It should. JESUS says all those who follow the teachings and traditions of men are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Something to think about brother Roby. In times of ignorance God winks at but when he gives us a knowledge of the truth calls us to believe and follow his Word *ACTS 17:30-31. If we sin willfully after we receive a knowledge of the truth there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to the judgment to come *HEBREWS 10:26-39.

18. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just the fact you required a whole book to explain it away is pretty funny.

Colossians 2

14having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, 19and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

worship of the angels = worship of michael as God

Festival yearly, New moon monthly, Sabbath is weekly.

It reads perfectly clear to me.

19. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Let's discuss it when you read the OP. You didn't read the OP did you utilyan that shows why you are in error. CONTEXT matters and you have provided none.

I have been specific about COLOSSIANS 2 in the OP proving that COLOSSIANS 2 is not discussing any one of God's 10 commandments but the "SHADOW LAWS" from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT in "ORDINANCES" that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

V16 being in reference to the "SHADOW sabbaths" in the annual festivals which can fall on any day of the week and not God's 4th Commandment that is one of God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20.

This was prayerfully demonstrated in posts 2-6 by God's Grace showing;

1. THE CHAPTER CONTEXT
    2. THE WITHIN SCRIPTURE CONTEXT
    3. THE GREEK WORD MEANINGS OF THE WITHIN SCRIPTURE CONTEXT
    4. CONTEXT TO THE REST OF THE SCRIPTURE WITHIN ALL SCRIPTURE

Showing that COLOSSIANS 2:11-17 is not talking about God's 10 commandments but ecclesiastical laws in ordinances from the MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the BOOK of the old covenant for remisison of sins.

Those who are God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SDA garbage. The Scriptures, of course, are right. Mrs. White's private interps are wrong.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.