Does God love everyone?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by annsni, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Luke2427 Active Member

Piper is one of the preeminent Calvinsts of our day.

He just has a very emotional personality. He is a bit of a gusher. And people like that often struggle with assurance in everything- their faith just being one of the things they sometimes lack assurance in.

2. pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there were former "gays" in the Corinthian church, both passive and aggressive "partners" if we take into consideration Paul's mentioning of being effeminate in later chapters, and I should think maybe with the other churches, too, since sodomy was an accepted lifestyle then as now.

As for the second question, I seem to recall something in the Bible that says "God is angry with the wicked everyday", not just their wickedness.

3. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The above post was made by MB on Nov.9th 2008. He has recently charged me with lying regarding his mention of "John Knotts." And I hereby am setting the record straight. Now let's see if MB is able to apologize to me for his false accusation.

4. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the above was a snip of my follow-up response to MB.

5. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was a further reply to a post by MB.

6. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who remembers what they wrote back in 2008?

7. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

There it is, but when you call one on false accusations another will rush in to defend them. Such behavior is the behavior of hypocrites. BTW I've received the same in a recent thread from said person. It hasn't changed in nearly 8 years.

As to the OP, the Scriptures are clear in their answer. Unfaithfulness in declaring the Word has caused many to balk at the Word and what it really says - they don't want to hear it, they enjoy remaining oblivious to all the truths of Scripture. All that are otherwise be careful to thank God for your stance, it is all to His glory.

8. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Noted that one believes the above is 'old'. That is the problem in a nutshell. That and rushing in to defend false accusers will be called out when witnessed. :)

9. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The other day you accused me of reading or saying I read a commentary by John Knotts. Because you misspelled his name as I did in 2008. I didn't recognize who you were talking about. Although you claimed I said it was written by John Knotts. I must have misspelled his name in 2008. I was naming favorites. The actual name of who wrote the books in question is William Ramsay the name of the books is The Layman's Guide to the New testament. The books are published by the John Knox Press. I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill in your effort of ridicule. When all you have accomplished is you just proved I'm not perfect. I freely admit that. I make mistakes as do we all.

Should I ridicule you now in retaliation? I don't have to you do that. You do it well enough to your self every time you get so emotional over discussing scripture
    MB

10. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, because you claimed that you had read commentaries by "John Knotts" disproving Calvinism.
    Of course you recognized it. I was having fun with you. You had called him John Knotts and it was funny.
    My "claim" was true, as I have demonstrated.
    Duh, ya' think so?
    So now you have admitted that you did not read any commentaries by Knox at all. You read some material from a publisher by the name of John Knox Press. You can't even tell the difference.
    All I wanted was for you to withdrawl you accusation of liar, because you actually did what I said you did. You could have simply said you were "sorry" instead of beating around the bush as you have.

11. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB, do you still hold to the things I itemized above?

12. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I would like people who think that God loves everyone to respond to what salzer mtn wrote.

13. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why are you bringing up old threads?
    In October of 2008, Dr. Bob posted in the third post of this thread:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/does-god-love-everyone.49084/#post-1234337

14. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, pointing out people's typos is fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Touche. You got me. And it was fun. I had a good laugh.

16. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does God love those He does not chastise?
    Does God love those who do not fear Him?
    Does God love those to whom He will say on the Final Day --I never knew you?
    Does God love those in eternal perdition?

17. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does God require from the believer what He does not of Himself?

"love your enemies."

18. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Answer my four questions before you introduce your own.

19. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh you are mistaken I'm never alone, not ever. I praise God that I'm not caught in the mire of Calvinism believing in old dead men in stead of the truth of scripture.
    MB

20. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that by asking you a question, the answer to yours would be self evident.

But to entertain your questions:
    1. Does God love those He does not chastise? What makes you think that God does not "chastise?" Seems that the Scriptures show that God brings rebuke to all humankind as the "wages" demand payment. Did He not cast out those in the temple?
    2. Does God love those who do not fear Him? What makes you think that God does not? Was there a time you did not fear Him? Did He love you in spite of that lack of fear?
    3. Does God love those to whom He will say on the Final Day --I never knew you? That is an interesting question. Can one love those that one does not know? If not, why support missionaries? Is love constrained by who someone knows? A child still in the womb is loved, but do the parents actually "know" the child - experiential speaking?
    4. Does God love those in eternal perdition? He provided a place for them didn't he? He reminds them continually of their condition and what the rejection they presented to God is now condemned them - just as the rich man's statement of his condition. This may not seem like love because human kind tend to consider love only with positive outcomes and pie in the sky terms.
    Now, answer my question as you said you would.
    Does God require from the believer what He does not of Himself? "love your enemies."