1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How should christians treat the saved homosexual?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WOW...DUDE....:thumbsup::wavey::thumbsup: Your best post !!!

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Zaak posted...

Agree 1000%

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes.:thumbs:

I'm not sure why, but reading this made me think about slavery in the United States. Christians for decades believed it was okay to own slaves and that God was perfectly fine with it. So can we also assume those Christians who owned slaves were more than likely not saved to begin with?

Yes indeed it does take time.

4. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

You are absolutely right...We are the TOOLS God has called to USE to bring others to Him...for one to get saved and then to help them in their walk...it is called DISCIPLINING!...and for by the GRACE of God there go I.

We need to stop judging and start loving...not condoning ones sin, we all need to be held accountable...Matt 18- 1 cor 5 but that should even be done in LOVE and all for the purpose of restoration between God and others...hence my name

MATT22:37-39

5. Matt22:37-39

Scarlet no one said God is fine with it, no one is condoning their sin...but what is happening in the CHURCH today is people who are saved judging others who are and determining which sins are worse than others...the bible is clear about how to confront someone living in sin...but it seems some sins are an "abomination" while others are not...the homosexual should be treated the same as the fornicator, adulator, divorce unblically etc. i the church...are you helping this person draw closer to God or are you condemning them without knowing all the facts and making assumptions.

The problem real in the church is they are too legalistic or too liberal therefore do not know how to RIGHT DIVIDE THE WORD, much less apply it.

Matt 18 and 1 cor is clear on how to go about church discipline.

6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Where do some of you people draw the line at ? No wonder the world looks at some people and say's if they are going to heaven then i don't have a thing to worry about. What's next gay pastors ? after all, we can counsel him, he's just a carnel christian. What communion hath light with darkness. As one old Elder use to say, If the professed saved man continues in gross sin, he needs to dig a little deeper till he hit's the rock.

#46 salzer mtn, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If a man comes to our church and says, "I'm a Christian and I'm gay. Accept it.", we just may have an issue. We would discuss with him - in love - the issue of sin in the life of a believer. We would seek to counsel him to leave the life of sin and if he refuses, we'd have to do as Scripture says and treat him as an unbeliever.

But if a man comes to our church and says "I'm a sinner and I'm gay." or "I'm a Christian but I was gay and continue to battle that sin but I know that it is wrong and I will not enter into that lifestyle again, God willing." then we have something to work with.

8. Matt22:37-39

EXACTLY....that is what I have been saying, and I've said it many ways, but some will never get it because of their PREJUDGING

:thumbsup:

9. Matt22:37-39

When I refer to homosexuals that includes lesbians as well...funny how many think two men is an abomination, but two women...well....lol

Either way, love and accountability done right can do wonders!

10. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Matt22 posted..

Makes me wonder what kind of men you are running with. I dont recall any of my christian brothers ever saying that homoseuality is fine if its women. Never

#50 Alive in Christ, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  11. salzer mtn

I just don't understand this modern day salvation approach. What happened to the old time salvation between God and man and the only mediator was Christ, not a counselor. A salvation that set a man's feet upon a solid rock, old things passed away and behold all things are new. Do we have a watered down version now that requires a counselor to be carried around in a man's back pocket all the way to heaven ?

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - I just mentioned a man for convenience but it is applicable to ALL in sexual sinful lifestyles. :)

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What "modern day salvation approach"? The Bible tells us in Romans 10:14 "How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?" So where is the counselor? Right in that verse.

14. Matt22:37-39

I'm a woman who knows what mens number # fantasy is...but that is ok...I'm sure many will deny it....lol

15. salzer mtn

Here is Peter's counseling to the wicked. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. For i perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity Acts 8:21-23.

16. salzer mtn

This kind of talk makes you wonder who people really are that comes on these talk boards.

17. Matt22:37-39

Hey, if you can find something I said wrong, I'd love to hear cause I'm all about truth and facts....;)

18. salzer mtn

You start a topic on how should christians treat the homosexual and then you say you know what men's fantacies are so what is the fact's ?

19. Matt22:37-39

I know people in and out of the church who are gay...men and women. I just find it ironic or sad actually that the church condemns one sin over another...fact is unless the church gets back to OBEYING God's word and not just preaching it....there will be sin abound in it...no matter what the sin is....so either Christians TREAT all Christan the same or shut up about the LIES Satan uses through them...can't have it both ways....that is the TRUTH!

20. Matt22:37-39

BTW, I looked up and more than one source says I am right...didn't take genius to figure that one out....;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.