SDA People Do Not Keep To The OT Dietary Restrictions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Adonia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Already addressed your 'apparent' contradiction on numerous occasions, as did those I cited in the links. Even those proper Baptists have answered you from scripture.

Jesus says what the Father tells Him to say (OT or NT era). Jesus is the Amen of the Father's will.

Joh_5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Joh_12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    Joh_12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.​

See also Zechariah 3 in comparison to Jude:

Zec 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
    Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?​

Why do you think John 8:44 says anything that would not immediately harmonize with Jude or Zechariah? The Son is speaking (on behalf of the Father) to Satan in Jude, and speaking (on behalf of the Father) to Pharisees in John 8:44. The Son in Jude would not dare to speak a 'blaspheous accusation' against Satan, as that would be the character of the devil, and The Son does not use the devil's ways, see 1 Peter 3:9. The Son is the example for angels and mankind in all cases.

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is the Sda a Cult?
    They elevate Ellen White to level of the scriptures, as being inspired prophetess, same way Mormons did Joseph Smith
    See Jesus as archangel Michael
    Hold to Inverstgative Judgement, no where in the Bible
    require Sabbath keeping to be saved
    Deny eternal Hell
    Yep, Cult!

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus before he came was ONLY called the Angel of the Lord, never Michael!

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many of the founders of the Sda were arians, same view on Jesus as JW still are today, are you on eof them?

5. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh ~ here 'we' go... oh, please elaborate for us all ~ this ought to be good for a good laugh unto weeping.

No. You made it up. You are simply citing 'you' as authority on the matter. Try citing an actual document written by sister White on the matter. Here is also the official EGW Estate material on the matter - Ellen G. White® Estate: Ellen G. White's Understanding of How Her Writings Relate to Scripture And this may be of assistance to you as well - Ellen G. White® Estate: The Seventh-day Adventist Church's Understanding of Ellen White's Authority

See finally what she said - SDA: Cult of Fear-Mongers

Yes she was, and not only that, as her role was much more than a prophet, being a messenger of the LORD. This too is in print in her own words should you ever care to be accurate.

Already denied the false accusation with valid reasons (more if necessary) - Do The SDA See Ellen White As Modern Prophetess Then?

Seventh-day Adventists view Joseph Smith in the light of Isaiah 8:20.

Yes, and? As demonstrated to you, and others, on several occasions, so did proper Baptists and many others with thorough documentation, all the way back to the time of Christ Jesus - SDA People Do Not Keep To The OT Dietary Restrictions

That you disagree, even with proper Baptists, shows you are in disagreement with more than simply 'us' (Seventh-day Adventists), but in reality are in disagreement with the whole of the Reformation and those before them, such all the way back unto Melito of Sardis. In reality, in disagreement not only with them, but with the scripture itself on the subject, but if you desire to remain unconvinced, then so be it, we will all answer to God for what we believed and taught and did. I am without fear of what I teach on the subject.

It's "Investigative Judgment". As shown in both Video/Audio presentation and also in written (Powerpoint) presentation, the subject is found from Genesis to Revelation - How Do SDA Defend the Investigative Judgement of EW?

Not true at all. Have you actually read what Seventh-day Adventists, yea, even sister White, has in print? Have you even read the common book, The Great Controversy? Martin Luther never kept the 7th day the sabbath in his life, and yet will be in heaven in the time to come, and not only he, but many others, like William Miller, who also did not keep it. People like George Wishart, William Tyndale, Phillip Melanchton, John Knox, Wycliffe, and millions of others will also be there.

You have confused the 'mark of the beast' issue and timing with matters present and past dealing with Justification and Salvation.

Actually what Seventh-day Adventists deny is "eternal torment". I do desire that you at least one day get something right, and it might as well be begun with this.

Only your misrepresentation (straw man) of us would be found as such in your own mind. It is not so in my mind, nor in the minds of others, neither as such as identified by the word of God, the primary judge of such things.

6. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 2:45 AM Pacific.

7. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is the video re-uploaded in addressing the OP one last time:

8. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your reasoning is downright silly. Jesus does not change. If Michael were Divine, he woulda rebuked Satan himself insteada calling on the Lord to do it ! But JESUS called Satan a murderer & father of lies without hesitation.

JESUS IS NOT MICHAEL!
    MICHAEL IS NOT JESUS !

Your guru EGW was wrong to say so! And YOU are wrong for believing her garbage !

9. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Start a new thread on it, and we can talk there.

10. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.